Picking up a MG on the ground

Hi,

Had a MG team whose gunner died and vanished from the map.

Later on I brought back the team to the spot where he died as I noticed his barely used MG lying on the floor.

I placed the team on the spot for a while but it didn't seem to want to pick the weapon. I've called the optician but it still doesnt work...

Any guess?

On occasion I have seen HMG's abandoned and left behind in case of extreme panic. Although you can herd the same team back on top of the weapon, I am wondering if another team can come by and scoop it up.

Oh, and I am wondering about Erwin's question too regarding Red on red scooping up their enemy's weapons, is it possible. Gonna have to try that.

I doubt it, for both.

AFAIK, there're only two ways wpns can be xfered;

1) automatically when a wpns carry is WIA/KIA. The wpn is xferred instantly and automatically to another member of the same squad/team.

2) buddy aid recovery.

Neither of those circumstances apply to wpns lying on the gnd or to enemy wpns, even in a RvR or BvB battle.

So you contradict what Wego McPbem said: "In the case of HMG and mortar teams, yes. The mg\mortar is transferred to an active soldier without any buddy aid required."

No. I agreed with him. That is, exactly, 1) in my post above.

Ok, I agree with that too as that is how I thought the game worked...

I thought the implication was that another soldier can come by LATER and pick up the HMG or Mortar that has been left lying around.

It was a confusing thread:

1) Jaresh: "Had a MG team whose gunner died and vanished from the map. Later on I brought back the team to the spot where he died as I noticed his barely used MG lying on the floor."

2) Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin

Can one pick up a weapon without giving buddy aid?

3) Wego: "In the case of HMG and mortar teams, yes. The mg\mortar is transferred to an active soldier without any buddy aid required. Done for balance reasons I believe, the teams would be a bit too fragile otherwise."