use of TRPs (Elvis don´t read this )

In a current PBEM I am trying a "rolling barrage" strategy in which I`ve placed TRPs on my advance route to supress or destroy enemy AT assets. As I understand this, the arty spotter does not require LOS to call in arty. This worked fine on the first 2 TRPs in my advance. Now on the third TRP my arty isn´t coming in and the spotter has started a pointless spotting round routine (the spotter is in the groundfloor of a building miles from the action and can´t possibly see anything). This has brought my advance to a standstill and ruined my strategy.

I have to add that in this one TRP location the center of the strike is not exactly on the TRP.

bug or do TRPs only work if they are exactly centered on the TRP?

;1314425']In a current PBEM I am trying a "rolling barrage" strategy in which I`ve placed TRPs on my advance route to supress or destroy enemy AT assets. As I understand this, the arty spotter does not require LOS to call in arty. This worked fine on the first 2 TRPs in my advance. Now on the third TRP my arty isn´t coming in and the spotter has started a pointless spotting round routine (the spotter is in the groundfloor of a building miles from the action and can´t possibly see anything). This has brought my advance to a standstill and ruined my strategy.

I have to add that in this one TRP location the center of the strike is not exactly on the TRP.

bug or do TRPs only work if they are exactly centered on the TRP?

I have used them not centered on them. You'll get a bit of info in your artillery window for that unit mentioning the trp if it applies. I also had Broadsword suggest using 2 trps as endpoints in a linear barrage, but am not sure if that actually works the same way or not. I have tried it, but I don't have any information within the game UI to let me know if it is at all relevant.

A quick test:

You can have a linear barrage between two TRPs even if they are further than 100m from each other.

You can have area fire with the the center of fire within the 50m radius.

You can even have larger than 50m radius area fire with the center of the strike in one TRP and the edge in the radius of another TRP. This was the case in my PBEM.

I think this covers all possibilities. Not sure why it didn´t work in my PBEM.