any bones from upcoming expansion pack?

togi

I mean plans and schedules, Do you mean that there are no plans or schedules for this company?

Sure there are, but realistically those can only be provisional. They are a small company, and when problems crop up, or somebody has a brainstorm and wants to include something new that takes time to implement, the schedule goes out the window. It doesn't sound like you appreciate the extent to which their projects are ongoing improvisations.

Game released at April, I think they have enough time to make schedule or plan something

Since it appears that none of us have inside information on what is going on within the confines of the company, it really isn't possible to advance that as an argument.

I will be glad to hear some dates or progress results

So would we all, and based on past performance I am sure that BFC would be only too happy to oblige us. Which means, as soon as it can happen it will. Until then, hang loose.

:)

Michael

I mean plans and schedules, Do you mean that there are no plans or schedules for this company?

Game released at April, I think they have enough time to make schedule or plan something

By their own admission, BFC has missed every release date they have ever set prior to a game being finished. So giving us a schedule would only tell us when not to expect the British module :D

BTW, the shortest turn-around time between modules for CMSF was 9 months.

Just exactly what would you do with that info even if they decided to throw us a bone? Try and trade stock? I can appreciate the impatience, we all want to see the next module, but honestly it isn't likely they will suggest anything as a date as we won't hear the "approximate" portion. They will now be held as committed. Just think how many threads we have had now about the same 5 issues as if repeating it over and over was gonna somehow change the dynamic. It's like listening to an American tourist start speaking louder in a country that doesn't speak English as if volume was the problem.

When people say "I have a right to ... " anything from BFC, it sounds like trolling.

When you buy something from a company, the only thing you have a right to is receiving the goods in a decent state. Seriously: do you go to Microsoft and say "I have a right to know when Windows 8 is coming out"?

There are some things that we might expect. We might expect a games company to support the community around their game and foster enthusiasm for the game. But even this is just our expectation, it is not a right.

Unfortunately, "BFC baiting", with comments that just make them mad, like "I have a right to know your schedules" doesn't solve anything. In fact, what I've seen is that it causes Steve to spend what little time he does have for the forum in correcting people with wrong expectations, instead of answering questions we'd dearly like answered...

GaJ

you know, I think BFC has also got the right of running their company as they please.

Right. As customers, we also have the right to take our money and leave, but I don't see any mass exoduses happening now or in the near future.

BTW, re announced release dates: IIRC they are now in the habit of announcing a firm date about three days in advance, or when stuff is already in the mail.

Michael

Over the course of polishing off the basegame for release I seem to recall one of the workers got hit with a flood, another was in an earthquake, another couple were caught in a blizzard, another became ill, and I believe one was interrupted briefly by Carnival in Rio! :) They can give all the timetables & schedules they want, but if the wrong guy at the wrong moment decides to slip on a bar of soap then bye bye timetable. Its safer to not give any timetable at all - Why tempt fate? ;)

Can someone please list just one example of a similar sized game company that is producing these sort of high quality niche games and that is more responsive to, and taking better care of its customers than BFC...

At least then, posters here could say 'Co X does it like this, and it works great, so why can't BFC?"

Otherwise, everyone here sounds very naive re the issues and challenges involved in running a "micro" company and developing computer software.

Can someone please list just one example of a similar sized game company that is producing these sort of high quality niche games and that is more responsive to, and taking better care of its customers than BFC...

At least then, posters here could say 'Co X does it like this, and it works great, so why can't BFC?"

Otherwise, everyone here sounds very naive re the issues and challenges involved in running a "micro" company and developing computer software.

Fanboi Mode= Off: Roxio, makers of Angry Birds takes care of their customers and I hate BFC's monopolistic dictatorial asinine ways to answer my self important coding suggestions and what direction I should take their company before they fail. Fanboi Mode= On

I think we should just collectively fire Moon. He's German, thats reason enough.

...We all know it was the loveable Major Hochstetter. "Klink vat ist that man doing herrrrrrre." ;)

That would be an awesome hear the German tank commander say when getting plinked by small arms fire from a Ami Bazooka team from a (formerly) nice ambush position... Just as he rotates the main gun and eliminates "that man."