If the British and NATO module countries had trucks what would they be?

Sequoia

A mate of mine was in the territorials and had to drive a truck full of missiles from one base to another. I think it was a Bedford. That was a few years ago though.

[EDIT]

Well, after a bit of research, I discovered the Bedford was phased out long ago and Tony Blair ordered loads of MAN trucks around 2007 to be the main truck transport of the British Army into the foreseeable future. The MAN truck is German/Austrian in origin so I wouldn't be surprised if it was also used by the Germans and Dutch:

British Army MAN Truck

MAN trucks in Afghanistan, 2009:

MAN Trucks in Afghanistan

It looks like the truck it replaced was the Leyland DAF, but for the purposes of CM:SF I'd rather see the MAN modelled even if its introduction might have been a bit late for Syria 2008.

Who knows, maybe we'll see them in CMSF II. I'm curious if they will set CMSF II in 2008 to save work because they've done all the home work for that year already, or try and keep it current to what ever year it's released incorporating the changes Armies have made since 2008, which would probably be more popular. If we see CMSF II before 2014 I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I agree it would be to make the truck lighter, and maybe a little more hidden so they arent so easy to spot. I metal box part would be shiny if light or anything were to shine off of it and would make it easier to spot. A fabric one would I would think be easier to keep out of plain eyesight.

I don't know the official answer since it's been widespread with all armies since WWI but I hazard to guess besides being lighter, it's also cheaper and gives more options on loading and unloading.

Bingo.

A hard cover puts contraints on the utility of the vehicle for different loadout configurations and loading and unloading utility.

For example, the Canadian Unimog heavy lift truck has sides which can drop away (turning it into a flatbed), allowing for crane and forklift loading. One soldier can take down the canvas top and ribbing within 20 minutes (faster with more helping). The load can be stacked above the limits of the canvas roof (not that that is a good idea but possible) if need be, simply by taking the canvas cover and ribs off.