The Storm's Soviet Mobilization

So in the Storm over Europe campaign, when Germany attacks Russia, the Soviet Army's Mobilization will occur, where Russia will automaticly have 5 tank groups and 3 fighter groups placed near 3 cities. Most if not all are destroyed on Germanys first attack, the Russian units are all 5 supply or higher. Why are those not available next turn for Russia to buy back at the reduced amount? I was ready to buy back some of the tanks (looking for the * near the units just destroyed, and no such luck.) Is this something that has changed for Storm? Or are these special units, just not able to be bought back at the reduction?

This was done to simply represent the Soviet frontline units that were destroyed during the initial assault of Barbarossa.

Most Soviet players would not keep their regular units close to the front due to hindsight being 20/20 and essentially this is why they only appear upon invasion and why they cannot be bought back at reduction.

Thanks, Hubert. Kind of what I suspected. I probably like it better this way. Because on my mirror game, when I was thinking strategy as axis, I thought if I just go and destroy all the tanks (which are all 5 or above supply) the Russian player is going to be able to just buy back all 5 at a nice reduced price and have them for the fall push. Good decision on the frontline units.