Squad Exit Pause Question.

I think it's the ORDER OF ORDERS that makes a difference.

If your first order is a dismount, then MAYBE one needs to pause the vehicle before it's movement begins, but the passengers should dismount b4 the vehicle moves.

Not 100% sure, but I think I have done this successfully a few times.

You'll just need to try it.

As long as the halftrack has a movement order, the squads won't dismount.

It's this. Giving a vehicle and its occupants a movement order allows you to run the vehicle to a location and then have the soldiers exit there and move to *their* movement destination. This is a much more common and useful orders situation (both in real-time and WEGO) than waiting for the vehicles to stop before giving the troops their own movement destination.

I think it's the ORDER OF ORDERS that makes a difference.

If your first order is a dismount, then MAYBE one needs to pause the vehicle before it's movement begins, but the passengers should dismount b4 the vehicle moves.

Not 100% sure, but I think I have done this successfully a few times.

You'll just need to try it.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

But do you know if it is still the case that you cannot move a vehicle to a waypoint, have it pause at that waypoint and discharge passengers, then move further on?

Tried it - did not work. I really wanted to as well :)

Right now you are limited to only these two scenarios:

1) Give the riding unit a dismount order and then plot a move order for them and the vehicle.

Result: riding unit gets out of the HT and then both the soldiers and the HT go their separate ways on their respective move orders.

or

2) Give the riding unit and the vehicle movement orders.

Result: riding unit stays put all cumfy and cozy in the HT while it drives where you told it. Once the HT completes the move order the riding soldiers will exit the vehicle and begin to follow their movement orders.

Perhaps at some point we will be able to place a disembark order on vehicle's way point and have it pause while the riding unit unloads and then have both the HT and the riding unit move off on their own. Sadly, that is not available as of now.