Churchill AVRE

Arzok

Been away far a while due to the BF thinking I was a hacker.......

Great job looks fantastic! Maybe I'll look at releasing some of the Bulldogs maps I've remade for Caen.

Few things I could do with for this though guys to add to the immersion (Maybe these have already been done? IDK ):-

A Typhoon instead of those bloody naff P38s which really fowl things up historically.

Churchill Crocodile to give 1st & 2nd SS Panzer Corps some napalm love!

A decent church building (imported/converted from tow1?). Dont know why this wasn't included, obviously the devs have never been anywhere near Normandy to not include at least 1 vaguely looking Norman Chruch static.

17lb AT gun

As there are no flame throwers, I doubt a Crocodile is possible without the devs implementing them. Shame this hasn't been done yet really..

As to converting Bulldogs, that would take a very long time, I've been working on 3 maps to add to the Brit campaign that would work into Operation Jupiter, Maltot, Eterville & South Cheux. I've found map building much harder & time consuming for ToW2. Previously it would take me about a week to get a map nailed, with the new editor it's taken alot longer & neither map is of sufficient quality that I would release yet.

It would have been really nice if 1C had supplied the blank maps for ToW2 as they did for the original game, especially if the terrain was not so damned high over the water table as in the current maps which I've been converting from. This has made the Odon bridgehead maps a nightmare to produce ( I gave up on Gavrus ).

Si vous Arzok, Tartari, Knoke & aiderait à faire un bon Mod Normandie, je serais heureux de vous aider mes amis!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gnasher,

Nice to see you're back!

I sure would like to see your Bulldogs maps in ToW2 and ToW3 (I know.... I'm asking a lot).

@Arzok:

The Churchill AVRE and the Churchill V 94mm are nices additions to the game. Thanks for your work. It's always motivating to see new content in the game.

Fine !

Forgive me for this omission, the same problem was underligned for the sherman 105mm for Afrika.

If you can prepare the russian files, I can integrate them in the mod. I think I need these files :

encdescription_artillery

encdescription_tanks

guns

items

units

But if you rename data/local/en in data/local/ru, all will be in english.

Just trying the mod & I am finding some graphical errors.

The Churchills repeatedly disappear leaving only the grey icon & then reappear (I hadn't got the crews to them) but Daimlers were within 3m.

Some shell trails (orange lines) freeze on screen & stay visible - other things are moving OK.

Maybe my vga drivers are a problem?

The boggy ground works to disable vehicles - nice :)

Thanks for the work & a fun mission!

If you can prepare the russian files, I can integrate them in the mod. ...

I could, but I haven't the filelist and the extraction utility for Kursk&Caen. These modding tools I have only for the old TOW I. Also I haven't original Russian files from Kursk&Caen. I have only the files from Eastern Wind Extension pak for Kursk alone. I would try to ask for these to developers or Russian modders.

I could, but I haven't the filelist and the extraction utility for Kursk&Caen. I have these modding tools only for the old TOW I. Also I haven't original Russian files from Kursk&Caen. I have only the files from Eastern Wind Extension pak for Kursk alone. I would try to ask for these to developers or Russian modders.

P.S. A grammar mistake is fixed.

The Churchills repeatedly disappear leaving only the grey icon & then reappear (I hadn't got the crews to them) but Daimlers were within 3m.

I think it is normal. The daimler can only look through "slit vision" (not sure of the english term). So if the turret for exemple, is not oriented towards the churchill, they really can't see them, even if they (and you) know that the churchills are here.

Some shell trails (orange lines) freeze on screen & stay visible - other things are moving OK.

Maybe my vga drivers are a problem?

I have the same problem. I would say it is not linked with the mod (it appears for me between 2 armored cars, not with the churchill), but in an other hand, I never saw this before. I will think about it.

Thanks for the work & a fun mission!

Thank you ! Did you succeed the first time ? I think it can take 2 or 3 times before taking back the churchills, germans are very determined :D ...

I think it is normal. The daimler can only look through "slit vision" (not sure of the english term). So if the turret for exemple, is not oriented towards the churchill, they really can't see them, even if they (and you) know that the churchills are here.

I have the same problem. I would say it is not linked with the mod (it appears for me between 2 armored cars, not with the churchill), but in an other hand, I never saw this before. I will think about it.

Thank you ! Did you succeed the first time ? I think it can take 2 or 3 times before taking back the churchills, germans are very determined :D ...

Oui c'est vrai. Changing view of Churchills is probably because of vision slit & restricted LOS. Makes sense.

(Which reminds me when will ToW allow for button/unbutton of AFVs...? This is an important element in this type of combat.)

The orange streaks occurred when the Daimlers were by the Churchills & I also saw one by the Bren carriers on their arrival. Something causing the area not to refresh the frame...? Both instances intersected the road surface tiles.

Had a couple of defeats when I posted about gfx glitches, I like a challenge that allows me a few retries The Germans aren't asleep that's for sure. :)

(& OT)

I guess modified view with 'button-able' armour & flame throwers have to go on the wish-list. I hope the devs stop messing about with Assault Squad long enough to focus on ToW again :D:P, it's a land-mark in wargaming for me & has the ability for greatness as the work of modders like yourself shows.

1C seem to be slow to support ToW now, if it weren't for Sneaksie helping on the forums I don't know how the game would have survived.

You can use the one for TOW 1, as the files that are in the 'local/ru' directory are the same.

But I think you have to add some lines :

data\local\ru\ammo.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_armoredcar.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_artillery.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_car.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_flak.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_hmg.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_spg.utf8

data\local\ru\encdescription_tanks.utf8

data\local\ru\guns.utf8

data\local\ru\items.utf8

data\local\ru\units.utf8

Of course, it will not work for tanks. If it does not work, I will send you the one I use.

I am away for 1 week.

OK! Something has been extracted. I would be work on it.

ammo.utf8

award_desc.utf8

awards.utf8

credits.utf8

encdescription_armoredcar.utf8

encdescription_artillery.utf8

encdescription_car.utf8

encdescription_flak.utf8

encdescription_hmg.utf8

encdescription_spg.utf8

encdescription_tanks.utf8

guns.utf8