Help with Anti Aircraft

Anon052

I can't post in the Kursk Forum( I don't know why), so I do it here. Hope this is not a problem.

I just bought Tow 2 Kursk a week ago and started playing the first german mission, the Kerkasskoe one. I can't seem to finish it. I tried countless times.......

One of the biggest problems I have are the enemy aircraft and they hit hard, they kill my artillery and sometimes the tanks. Hiding in the forrest doesn't help.

So I bought 2 37mm sdkfz AA vehicles, put Soldiers with gunnery >70 in there. But yeah they really don't help. I tried more then 30 times. They did not shoot 1!! plane. And they get targeted first and die fast.....this is really frustrating.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It seems impossible to counter the planes. I could try 4 AA vehicles, but....

How do you fight enemy aircraft? Any tipps?

Also, the 37mm is not the best AA gun in the game (too low a rate of fire for my taste). I would prefer the 20mm on quadruple mount. A captured DShk on tripod would serve the purpose very well, if you've one available. You can also use the SdKfz-222 for anti-aircraft defence, but again, with a single 20mm tube, it is not the most effective unit. It has the advantage that it can be used in a multi purpose role, though.

Try to have your anti-aircraft assets hidden behind building rather than under trees. Trees hamper their vision, and provide no cover, only concealment, while a building provide both cover and concealment, while allowing your units to have a good sector of fire behind the building (a nasty surprise for enemy aircraft)