Zook vers. Mark4 in Woods... arrrgh

I also can't imagine infantry ignoring a tank even if they're looking the opposite direction.

I can imagine them hiding and hoping it doesn't notice them.

It looks like they might've been in 'Light Forest' terrain type, though I'm no expert at judging what terrain is what. So they should've been fairly hard to see. Still if it's a D100 roll and they had a 99% chance of seeing and rolled 100, and the tank had a 1% chance of spotting them and rolled it, that's only a 1 in 10000 chance which ain't close to impossible :), and I suspect it's more 5% and 5%, so 1 in 400. But if it happens every time that turn is calculated, there may be something squiffy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the tank was moving I can't conceive of any way it could "sneak up" on stationary infantrymen . Tanks are just too noisy for that to ever happen. I also can't imagine infantry ignoring a tank even if they're looking the opposite direction.

LOL Crazy thing I remember doing manouvers in the Marine Corps and we were in a sort of ditch and 2 Abrams coming down the path, crap.... the ground was shaking and I did not feel like exposing myself... I peeked and thought.. Its glorious we have such machines... Anyways... maybe the zook team did not feel that confident with their weapon... LOL hence the tree shot.

Sometimes **** happens... I have read this entire post, and can honestly say that AT guns and Infantry rarely get spotted first when I am playing. Normally for me my tanks are always taking hits from AT guns, that 57mm is a real pain in the ass as it normally always pretty much is impossible to start...even unbuttoned. My tanks have been shot at all the time by zook teams from the tree line, only then if they miss they get pounded on. I think the OP just had a freakish moment... it happens, but not enough to say anything is broken. IMHO.

Cheers. Looking forward to the next release.

Sometimes **** happens... I have read this entire post, and can honestly say that AT guns and Infantry rarely get spotted first when I am playing. Normally for me my tanks are always taking hits from AT guns, that 57mm is a real pain in the ass as it normally always pretty much is impossible to start...even unbuttoned. My tanks have been shot at all the time by zook teams from the tree line, only then if they miss they get pounded on. I think the OP just had a freakish moment... it happens, but not enough to say anything is broken. IMHO.

Cheers. Looking forward to the next release.

LOL yeah my experience has been similar. I have learned to be very wary of AT teams. I have also had more success with the little 50mm ATG than the larger AT guns in the German inventory. In both PBEMs I have had with Bois de Baugin, that little gun has done far more than it's share of the heavy lifting.