Just replayed the British Campaign

It is very good indeed. My feeling is however that the time span of the individual battles is short. Not that they cannot be won. But given that we are talking about a campaign where casualties do matter, I would prefer to have more time to manoeuvre. Even more so, taking into account the light armament of the british troopers.

Which side road did you take at the end. I have played both but I remember that there was a mission through a guarded mountain path that I decided to hit cease fire early. It seemed unbeatable without risking too much casualties

A couple months ago I finally got the opportunity to post three British campaign scenarios as standalones to Repository. Plus two NATO campaign scenarios. For those who have already played the campaign and want to relive the experience (or took an alt route and never played that particular battle). If you view by date they should still be pretty near to the top of the list.

Which side road did you take at the end. I have played both but I remember that there was a mission through a guarded mountain path that I decided to hit cease fire early. It seemed unbeatable without risking too much casualties

I took the mountain pass route (which I hadn't done before) and played through that particular battle. I took quite a few casualties, even trying to be as cautious as possible. They just kept popping up all over the place with dozens of anti-tank rockets and missiles coming at me from all directions. I don't remember the exact outcome of the battle, but it wasn't good.

Since I'm a RT player, the times do seem short to me. That is the main problem I've had with a lot of Paper Tiger's scenarios/campaigns. I'm not quite as brilliant as he is and lose a lot of guys just trying to rush near the end. On the other hand, it makes you come up with a strategy that you just have to go with instead of being able to probe and make decisions on the fly. This sometimes ends up well and sometimes ends in disaster. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

One would think that I, being an American, would be biased toward the first two releases. But I have to say that the British Module is one of my favorites. The campaign was outstanding and the scenarios were top notch. It probably has to do with the wide array of vehicles they have! Reguardless, kudos to the scenario designers on that module (actually to all the modules).

Steve

"Volcanic Plateau" I think.

It should be up at the repository in a day or so.

Yes that is the one, without doubt my fav of any scenario in any game I have played since 1979...... How's that for a rap?

I'd love a campaign centred around a similar sort of small unit feel. To my mind this size of scenario is the perfect size for CMSF.