Missing Snatch Land Rover?

This question may be rather late in coming but I have searched the forums and can't find the answer. Is the Snatch Land Rover actually included in the British module? I cannot recall encountering it in the British campaign or any of the scenarios. I have also mucked about in the editor a good bit trying to find one without success.

I imagine they may have been dropped as they don't really fit the TO&E of an invading force during the war fighting phase. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Its been a long time since this was brought up, I'm trying to recall. I think (I may be misremembering) that there may have even been a 3-D Snatch vehicle model all built but there was simply no place to shoe-horn it into the TO&E. Rather like American Nyla and MRAP APCs. An 'occupation' tactical sim would tend to look quite different than the current 'invasion' tactical sim. There was considerable internal debate about steering the game towards resembling an Iraq-style occupation force. I think you can guess who lost that debate. :)

Thanks for the quick replies, at least I know now that no amount of time fiddling in the editor is going to produce a Snatch! If it's true that a 3D model was created then it's a shame it's gone to waste. However, I can understand the difficulty that BF would have faced in terms of getting it into the TO&E as I suppose that they would have had to introuduce a number of other vehicles such as Mastiffs if they were going to add an extra formation which was equipped for occupation duties.

The debate which MikeyD refers to seems to be reflected in a number of missions in the British campaign which have more of a post-conflict flavour. In light of the fact that BF have decided not to move in this direction, it is a little odd to see Nyalas used by the Canadians.

Its been a long time since this was brought up, I'm trying to recall. I think (I may be misremembering) that there may have even been a 3-D Snatch vehicle model all built but there was simply no place to shoe-horn it into the TO&E. Rather like American Nyla and MRAP APCs. An 'occupation' tactical sim would tend to look quite different than the current 'invasion' tactical sim. There was considerable internal debate about steering the game towards resembling an Iraq-style occupation force. I think you can guess who lost that debate. :)

I do actually remember a mention of the model being done, but that is from a long time ago. I think a few things went bye bye over the years. Does anyone remember that screenshot of a US on-board mortar team? That must have been 2005 or 2006 it appeared and promptly vanished.