At Gun Trajectory Flaw?

APEgOl.jpg

As you can see,in the picture above the gun barrel is pointed directly at the house at the time of fire.You can see the shell come out at about almost a 30 degree difference to nail a direct hit and kill.Is this an abstraction?I thought gun barrell trajectory and alignment to target was supposed to be more of an exact representation.

i3r4ql.jpg

The shell makes impact in this picture,the gun barrel is still pointing at the house.

TiFBKl.jpg

The gun barrel finally turns to the proper trajectory.I have the video which is even more telling.

I´d say it´s mainly a syncing issue and I´ve seen something like that with many weapons and single soldiers in CMBN. Nonetheless, it dawns on me that BFC made a lot of deliberate abstractions, where certain weapons RL capabilities are overruled, in order to achieve...what?! The non existent elevation/depression limits of tank guns and partly light speed reaction times is one of those. :mad:

I mainly see CMBN WEGO suffer from BFCs preference for RT matters.:rolleyes:

From RockinHarry

"I mainly see CMBN WEGO suffer from BFCs preference for RT matters"

I pray that is not the case.

I'd say that is jumping to an awfully quick conclusion with no data. I won't profess to speak for MikeyD, but what I got out of his comment was simply that the creation of the WeGo turn itself from the underlying data can suffer some synchronization. I don't believe that in itself means it has anything to do with RT considerations. It simply means the engine has to build a turn from all the considerations of what happens to each unit moment by moment interacting with every other unit then turn that into a file to present in a compiled format. That compilation process of the video may be out of sync with the underlying data so the guns moment of firing is just a hair ahead of the video clips presentation of it. Ya gotta admit, there is nothing else like it and it is no mean feat to accomplish.

All in all I have far many more moments of being awestruck with the scenes created than moments of "Hmm that don't look right".

I meant to say, that a number of game mechanics were probably optimized, or in other words, ..."simplified" for getting good frame rates in RT play. For WEGO that´s less of concern and I wouldn´t mind waiting 1-2 minutes more, to see more realistic and thus more CPU intensive game routines in effect. Could be I´m wrong, but both modules, RT and WEGO probably use same game code. If it´s so, I´d wish for WEGO game code to be optimized for realism and not speed.

Beside that, I too believe that weapon2010 AT gun is simply out of sync, as has been described and not a bug.

As you can see,in the picture above the gun barrel is pointed directly at the house at the time of fire.You can see the shell come out at about almost a 30 degree difference to nail a direct hit and kill.Is this an abstraction?I thought gun barrell trajectory and alignment to target was supposed to be more of an exact representation.....

Its called the dreaded Peyronie's disease cannon barrel manufacturing defect.