When can you change a fire order?

I'm a WeGo player. I thought I could fiddle with commands until I clicked the red button to put the commands into effect.

After confirming a mortar's fire order, I realized I had made a mistake in the order. The only way I found to cancel the order was to "Cease Fire". (As I recall, the word "emergency" appeared somewhere.) When I try to have the platoon leader issue a corrected fire order, the mortar is in a "CEASE FIRE" state and won't accept a command.

1. How long in game time will this "CEASE FIRE" state last?

2. What is a better way to cancel a confirmed fire order?

I'm a WeGo player. I thought I could fiddle with commands until I clicked the red button to put the commands into effect.

After confirming a mortar's fire order, I realized I had made a mistake in the order. The only way I found to cancel the order was to "Cease Fire". (As I recall, the word "emergency" appeared somewhere.) When I try to have the platoon leader issue a corrected fire order, the mortar is in a "CEASE FIRE" state and won't accept a command.

1. How long in game time will this "CEASE FIRE" state last?

2. What is a better way to cancel a confirmed fire order?

Basically you get to only cancel in a turn. The unit is available the next turn for reassignment. What might be better is simply to adjust if that is an option. One of the difficulties of WeGo is the relationship to orders, like disembarking and embarking another vehicle- 2 turns minimum no matter how close they are.

Short answer to 2) is "There is no better way".

You can cancel the fire mission for no extra cost right up until you press "Confirm". Before you confirm you can 'x' out of the popup artillery window with no penalty. Once you press "Confirm" the guns have started to process your mission and you can only ask for a cease fire. Having said that, if this is PBEM, you could quit the game - no saving no PBEM file generation - just abandon your last turn and reopen the incoming PBEM file. You would have to reissue all your other orders too but that is an option.

I have not done this a lot so I don't have a definitive answer for 1). I have seen it only take one minute and I was able to create a new mission on the next command phase. I have no idea if there are circumstances that would take longer or not.

<snip>One of the difficulties of WeGo is the relationship to orders, like disembarking and embarking another vehicle- 2 turns minimum no matter how close they are.

I have not tried this but shouldn't I be able, with two stopped vehicles, select the infantry unit in on vehicle and plot a way point to embark into the second vehicle? That should get guys from one vehicle into another in one turn - if they are close enough.

And the vehicles don't even have to be stopped either - I think this should work with moving vehicles too. I'll have to try it out to be 100% sure...

I have not tried this but shouldn't I be able, with two stopped vehicles, select the infantry unit in on vehicle and plot a way point to embark into the second vehicle? That should get guys from one vehicle into another in one turn - if they are close enough.

And the vehicles don't even have to be stopped either - I think this should work with moving vehicles too. I'll have to try it out to be 100% sure...

Worth a try. My memory is really fuzzy on that but I think a move command will not let you go from one vehicle to another Don't take my word on it though.

I just tried it and OMG I am totally wrong. That makes no sense! If I can plot a move order that ends in mounting a vehicle it does *not* make any sense to restrict that when the team originates in a vehicle.

Not that I can see anyway. Am I missing something?

I just tried it and OMG I am totally wrong. That makes no sense! If I can plot a move order that ends in mounting a vehicle it does *not* make any sense to restrict that when the team originates in a vehicle.

Not that I can see anyway. Am I missing something?

Yes- you are missing that logic isn't relevant here. :D

CMBN, where the laws of physics mean water does not roll down hill..... It is making my current map just slightly off not being able to do elevation changes with water, so it goes.

Consider it the price you pay for being able to create your own WW 2 movies and view them from any angle you want afterwards. At least for now anyway.

You're going to have quite an adventure when you try to cancel your fire order after the FO's been killed! Apparently the mortar crew thinks the absent FO had just wandered off for a 'bathroom break' and will eventually return to spot the rounds they're firing. :D
That is SO frustrating!

FO calls for fire.

FO dies.

Spotting rounds fall.

FO doesn't reply... guess he must want us to go ahead and fire for effect.

Platoon commander tries to radio mortar crew to cancel/change order.

"Sorry, Lieutenant, but we're kinda busy here shelling that spot over there that the now dead FO told us to 10 turns ago".