New file at the Repository: Aris_Sherman M4_Mod Pack (2011-09-06)

One of the big selling points of CM2 was that vehicles etc would not all look the same. So, am assuming that using the numbering system, we should now be able to get a mix.

One question tho' is that Aris has a number of mods that were given to us as brz files. Without having to explode every one and looking, anyone know if any of the brz files have variants that we need to do similar renumbering?

Yes, I always explode all mods and keep them in folders with my own variations or mixes for easy exchange in the z folder. Almost all of Aris' superb vehicles have variants. Most have only one or two, so I make sure to mix up my armor forces when I play QB's and sometimes go into downloaded scenarios and swap out models to get a good variety.

brz files are the work of the devil imo...

I now find myself routinely exploding em and simply putting the bmp's into properly named folders. So much easier to then see what you have and if another mod is an improvement or not.

With brz's you have to put one into the Z folder, then start the game to see it, then exit and try another similar mod and then restart the game etc etc...

It's easier to compare two similar bmp's side by side imo. It's time consuming to replace entire brz files and have to restart the game every time to see the effect in the game.

That was the way I... er my granddad was doing it for 10 years in CM1, and if it's good enuff for my him...

• 2 months later...