Ability to Entrench for WWII

Once again,...even though the unit(s) vanishes from the map, if it was a supply >=5 it can be regenerated at reduced cost, ie. it was not eliminated, it was rendered "combat ineffective". Now I know that never happened in reality.:rolleyes:

And excuse me if things changed for SOE, but as I play global, my amphibs suffer casualties when they land on a vacant tile where the previous enemy unit that has been rendered "combat ineffective" was the occupier or, for that matter, where there wasn't an enemy combat unit but the tile was enemy owned.

So....what is the problem now?;)

In my view,the 10 000 men casualities for all 5 beaches and paratroops (including killed, wounded, prisoners and missing) for over 175 000 men involved are very light losses for something as risky as a large landing operation. If the reserve panzer divisions had been closer to the beaches (as requested by Rommel) we could have had a 50% rate loss as expected. Anyway, during WW 1 the forts in Belgium and near Verdun were very effective (and inspirational for the building of the Maginot Line), but in WW 2 it was more of a psychological advantage than anything else in my opinion. The Japanese didnt fare better than the Germans with fortifications. My two cents.