CMBN games seem to be more imbalanced...

Why don't you start a thread with a title like 'Which scenarios are designed for H2H play?'. I know JonS's 'Baugin' mission is one and I'm sure there are a few more that shipped on the disk that had H2H play strongly in mind. And I can say fer sure that 'Buying the Farm' is not a good H2H mission in spite of the H2H tag (my bad). Then, once you have a list, stick to those missions for the time being. There are sure to be more to come. It's a real shame that Mark Ezra didn't make any of his H2H missions for the WW2 title. He's a very good designer for H2H play. Perhaps you guys can persuade him to work more on them than producing QB maps. (Personally, I think the community should step up here and produce more QB maps ;) )

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we definitely need a site like that.

A shame no-one showed interest when GJK offered...

... I'm not really motivated to do it myself either, unless the block that BFC put on CMMODS is taken down, so the site can cross post here when new scenarios/mods are posted. Without that, the visibility is too low: posting of scenarios and mods gets too fragmented and no site can get critical mass.

GaJ

The reason (by my reading of events) is that GJK is not interested in CMSF, and nobody showed any interest or support when GJK came here and offered to add CMBN to The Scenario Depot.

I'm guessing that the best way to make CMBN happen at TSD would be for a bunch of people interested in that to go over there and become supporters (IE make a decent donation), and start showing interest.

The advantage of this would be, as Erwin says, TSD is THE place for CM scenarios.

Similarly/Alternatively, the way to get Scenarios supported at CMMODS would be to start posting mods there, announcing them in the BFC Scenarios and mods thread, and keep asking "why isn't this notified automatically?"

The advantage of this would be that I would implement a different scenario rating system than TSD ;)

GaJ