New file at the Repository: ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Khaki) (2011-08

And I want to thank Badger for updating the mod.

Badger, still no luck with the 92nd faces mod. Go figure!

@mjkerner - check your PM and email. I think I figured it out. It seems the solution to everything mod'ish is "do what Aris does"! I'll explain if you can successfully test my fix!

Just to clarify. If I choose a scenario with a certain division in it and I have the mod in my Z folder the game will pick the correct uniform mod? Or do I still have to manually swap and change out mods pre scenario?

Yes, you have to manually swap and change all mod's pre-scenario launch. Things like ez_uniforms, Mord&DC portraits, and such unit specific mod's you choose to use.

Hmm...just read the instructions seems like you still have to swap out uniform mods pre scenario...as I like to play a few sometimes it's abit to much hassle for me. Hopefully one day BF will program it in so the scenario designer can link the the forced to a particular mod. If you don't have the mod it would use the default.

Thanks

Yes again. I've thought about that too and think I would like it as well. However, one problem I foresee is that the player would likely have to go through a long and tedious GUI checklist for all that stuff desired for a battle before the game loads your scenario. Pre-game config is always a headache.

Good luck and good gaming.

@mjkerner - check your PM and email. I think I figured it out. It seems the solution to everything mod'ish is "do what Aris does"! I'll explain if you can successfully test my fix!

Badger, Great detective work!

Read your email...the file attached was screwed up--but that is probably because my email has had problems. No matter, I have my original 92nd Div African faces mod with original/Version 1 names.

Well, I thought that might be the answer--using Version 1 names--since when I tried your re-worked 92nd file the other day, Mord's "War Ravaged Faces" showed up in game instead (it is Ver. 1)! That's when I went through my mod folder and made sure there were no other face mods; but the weirdness continues, because my re-worked Asian faces (Ver. 2 naming convention) does work! Hmmm...

I haven't fired up the game to try version 1...I'll do both mods in Ver 1 and Ver 2 one more time just to see why it's goofy. Anyway, glad you got it working.

....Chaz: You poor bastard!

Great thanks! So far I have converted the 79th I/D. am working on the 325 GIR. However in that file there is musette-bag-shovel and boots and us gear do I have to update those also? What is the process?

Also for the helmets you wrote solder? is it solder or soldier as far as the file name goes. I am assuming the spelling needs to be correct or the file will not work.

Okay having some probs with the helmets I am working with EZ's 82nd and 101 with their accompanied GIR's in the 325 GIR folder there are 5 separate helmets. 2 are PATCHED netting the 3rd is PATCHED steel helmet and 1 is non patched steel helmet and finally another is Non Patched Net helmet. The Patched net helmets are 2.bmp and 5.bmp, the plain steel Patched helmet is .bmp, the non patched net helmet is 3.bmp and finally the plain steel helmet is 4.bmp. okay above you said the 3.bmp becomes a 2.bmp what about the 2.bmp I already have and the 5.bmp what do they become? I know the regular non netted PATCHED helmet becomes a smod but I am unsure of the other 3 files. Sorry if tis is confusing you because I am a little confused my self. Or are they ALL shifted down a number?

Great thanks! So far I have converted the 79th I/D. am working on the 325 GIR. However in that file there is musette-bag-shovel and boots and us gear do I have to update those also? What is the process?

Also for the helmets you wrote solder? is it solder or soldier as far as the file name goes. I am assuming the spelling needs to be correct or the file will not work.

I didn't want to tackle the Airborne units. Version_2 has separate file names for them and Airborne specific scenarios load ABN uniform files. To use airborne uniforms in general scenarios, you rename them to "smod_american_m41_uniform" files. Don't know whether you also need to rename "smod_american_m41_uniform map" files or not. I haven't researched using airborne specific gear. Sorry, I can't help you there.

The correct helmet file name is "smod_american_helmet-soldier". Yes, spelling must be correct for renamed file to load and work. That's what makes bleary eyed de-bugging so onerous. Good luck!

<snipped>

Okay having some probs with the helmets I am working with EZ's 82nd and 101 with their accompanied GIR's in the 325 GIR folder there are 4 separate helmets. 2 are PATCHED netting the 3rd is PATCHED steel helmet and 1 is non patched steel helmet. The Patched net helmets are 2.bmp and 5.bmp, the plain steel Patched helmet is .bmp and finally the plain steel helmet is 4.bmp. okay above you said the 3.bmp becomes a 2.bmp what about the 2.bmp I already have and the 5.bmp what do they become? I know the regular non netted PATCHED helmet becomes a smod but I am unsure of the other 3 files. Sorry if tis is confusing you because I am a little confused my self. Or are they ALL shifted down a number?

This easiest way to think of this is to disregard the "us-helmet-m1" file numbers. It is better to to think of the Version_1 files as A, B, C, D, and E. What really matters is the version_2 file names; "smod_american_helmet-soldier" and "smod_american_helmet-soldier 2". In the end you will have only two (2) output / renamed files; the first without netting, the second with netting. Now look at A, B, C, D, and E. Decide which you want to rename "smod_american_helmet-soldier" then decide which of the remaining you want to rename "smod_american_helmet-soldier 2". You have five (5) choices but will only use two (2). After renaming the two (2) you want, disregard those remaining three (3) for your purposes.

Again, welcome to the world of software enhancement / upgrading and why most of us leave it to the professionals! Good luck and good gaming!

This easiest way to think of this is to disregard the "us-helmet-m1" file numbers. It is better to to think of the Version_1 files as A, B, C, D, and E. What really matters is the version_2 file names; "smod_american_helmet-soldier" and "smod_american_helmet-soldier 2". In the end you will have only two (2) output / renamed files; the first without netting, the second with netting. Now look at A, B, C, D, and E. Decide which you want to rename "smod_american_helmet-soldier" then decide which of the remaining you want to rename "smod_american_helmet-soldier 2". You have five (5) choices but will only use two (2). After renaming the two (2) you want, disregard those remaining three (3) for your purposes.

Again, welcome to the world of software enhancement / upgrading and why most of us leave it to the professionals! Good luck and good gaming![/Q

your renaming convention DOES work for the Airborne GIR units BTW, howver I have to switch them out like I would the normal I/D's to see them displayed. and I did figure out the helmets I now can for the 1st time of playing CMBN have patched uniforms and helmets...YAYY! I have been into this simm for about a half a month now. thanks for all your help!