Installation on Multiple PC's

Hi,

I purchased SC:GC and received both the downloaded software as well as the disk (great game, BTW!). I was traveling to my parent's house where I plan on spending a fair amount of time, and brought the disk to install the game on their computer so I could continue playing. I had no trouble installing the game off of the disk, but when I went to install patch 1.04 I was prompted for my license key.

I was a bit surprised by this as I did the same thing with CM:BN (installed the game off of the disk and then downloaded patch 1.01), and was not queried for my license key.

My question is if I download the patch for 1.04 to my parents' computer, does this count as one of my downloaded installations of SC:GC (I would think/hope not, as this is one of the reasons which I purchased the game disk in the first place...)?

Lastly, if it does count as one of my downloaded installations, will deinstalling the game when I leave effectively "return" the installation so that I can use it again?

Thanks in advance!

I got nearly the same problem, but i can't access to my two other computer where i previously installed the game (they are both in my ex-girlfriend house.. :mad:). How can i do ? I buy the game by play.com and i got the box version.

I'm a little angry because i didn't know that i can't install the game anytime i want, it's never write anywhere..

I don't know about Play.com. They may be using a different activation system. If this is using our eLicense system, then we can reset it for you. (However, I don't think they do use eLicense, so you will probably have to contact play.com support).