PBEM files not being created

Has anyone else experience this situation;

You play a PBEM file turn, you get to the end where you get to the box that tells you to save file and it gives you the new file number that will go to the Outgoing EMail folder.

When you go to the folder to attach file to an email, the file is not there. You then have to replay the turn, sometimes more than once, to get the file created.

This has happened to me numerous times, I was wondering if it was an issue.

AFAIK it's a Win 7 issue.

The easiest cure is to install the game to a new folder elsewhere than under the Programs folder. eg: C:/SIMS/BATTLEFRONT etc.

Then the PBEM and SAVED GAME files go where they are supposed to and not to the obscure VirtualStore folder.

I've had this problem as well, it's definitely not a UAC issue. I've noticed pausing when the save game box pops up helps some, give it several seconds, then click ok to save. It seems to not happen as much when I do this. It's like the game isn't really ready to save a file yet even though the save game box is there. Also I've noticed this happens sometimes with AI games, not just PBEMs.

My rough estimate is about 20% of the time CMBN does not save my game. Nonetheless, this can be extremely annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this problem? Because, honestly, this is a very annoying bug for me. In a dozen PBEMs so far about 1/5 of my savegames are not actually saved. I've even had it happen twice in a row. If you just wasted 20 minutes giving detailed orders to a force the size of a reinforced company plus support this is highly frustrating.

:(

There are a couple of threads on this problem active. Seems like more and more folks are experiencing it, yet there is no official word from Battlefront as to whether they know about it or have any kind of solution for it.

Lots of speculation, no concrete explanation.

Any update on this problem? Because, honestly, this is a very annoying bug for me. In a dozen PBEMs so far about 1/5 of my savegames are not actually saved. I've even had it happen twice in a row. If you just wasted 20 minutes giving detailed orders to a force the size of a reinforced company plus support this is highly frustrating.

:(

I agree, it is VERY annoying and I hope they find a solution soon

Win 7 64 bit here

Thx

jonpfl