Strategic Command - 1939 Storm Over Europe Released!

Cap or simply eliminate elite reinforcements. It can make japanese armies in china innvincibel in 41/42 or axis panzers in 43/44 unstoppable and can work other way round with USAAF tac air in 44 simply plucking lesser units across the channel out of existence.

Would it be possible for Patch 1.05 to include France and Italy as major powers (as opposed to minor countries being controlled by the UK and Germany)?

Hi Keano,

Difficult to say for sure but this is unlikely as the most recent code has moved on quite a bit from where Global left off and reverse compatibility is a bit of an issue and it would be a pretty big job to convert the campaigns as needed, i.e. generally more than a patch typically and unfortunately provides.

Hubert

Hubert,

Thanks for getting back to me. I figured that it might be too difficult to include France and Italy as major powers, but I wanted to confirm my suspicions (totally understandable). Would it be possible to include (a) unit swapping, (B) have a unit's highlighted movement path include squares where friendly units are located?

What can be an interesting feature to consider (especially in the SOE scenario where you have plenty of units) to enrich/rethink the top information bar:

At the moment you have the unit type, unit name, coordinates, and alignment displayed when you move the mouse over a unit, but there is still plenty of space to show more info.

If there will be effectiveness/morale, entrenchment, and experience displayed it will greatly improve the time need to plan your moves as at the moment you have to click on each unit to get the non static information of it. (alignment and unit type is almost obvious by looking at the unit graphics, so for me this info can go to the unit details section)

One other thing that's annoying. A Brit carrier arrives in 1942 in Manchester's port. If the Axis happen to be blockading at the time it's automatically sunk. The Brits should have some say if there are Axis units lingering outside the port. Same in India if they chose the Australia second capital option. They should be able to delay the launchings.

That's a tough one as it designed to arrive via the scripts, perhaps a flag for some special cases for the units to go to the P/Q on that date instead. I'll have to think about that a bit as it would provide some extra flexibility.