In playing the new WW2 scenario I have had the Deutschland (sp?) CA sitting on the mining square of Halifax for 2 turns with no results. On the second turn I changed the status to raider and still didn't get any results.

By the way I'm loving this game!! Thanks to all involved in making it :)

Hi Baron

I've just checked the script and the raiding will affect the city of Halifax and also the economic output of the Springhill mines further north. It doesn't affect the value of the Halifax port itself, so it is probably the case that it is affecting the enemy's income but due to Fog of War it may not look like it is doing so.

Perhaps having it affect the port might be a change to make, I'll think about this as it would make it more transparent and also probably more realistic too (i.e. shipping clogs up the port because it fears to put to sea).

It's great to hear you're loving the game, and please feel free to spread the word! :)

Bill

If I remember correctly the only reason we did not include the port was because it would then knock out the entire convoy if the port dips below strength 5.

I believe in the past that we had explosions or messages indicating a successful raid, is this no longer the case? I honestly can't remember off hand as I think we might have turned off some of this in the code.... I'll have to double check.

I believe we had it in at some point but found that the experience increases were too great and difficult to overcome for opponent units in future combat as it could be argued that the experience from raiding is not quite the same as you would gain from more formal combat between opposing capital ships.

True Hubert, but don't you think it's time to provide some other avenue to gain experience, like...say training ...or raiding, especially for naval vessels. It's almost totally impossible to get experience for surface naval vessels as constant combat losses cause a dilution of any gained experience.

Perhaps you could cap it at say 2 max for training and raiding so that at least you could overstrength and have some small chance to build from there. It's either that or some kind of mechanism for allowing experienced replacements as this is one of the disadvantages that the Allies have when confronting the Axis and leads to the "bias" opinion.