New file at the Repository: Opening the road to Gardez (2011-08-04)

There are two. I also achieved a similar result when playing against the AI. I might need to tweak the parameters or increase the blue force size. When I played this on H2H with my mate, I got my arse soundly kicked, I had 31 KIA and 4 vehicles lost. Minor Mujihadeen victory as I managed to get almost two platoon remenants safely past the village and I occupied his village objective. I think its just that the AI isnt great and playing a human player who can plan ambushes properly and utilise the IEDs is better.

Stagler, I wanted to start Your mission just now, but then I read Your post of 09:02 this morning. I'm going to wait with playing untill You have tweaked the AI, or You have increased the blue force size. I also downloaded Your Immersive Background Sound modification You submitted in may. But I can't get it to work. I have placed the file in my Z folder but I get no sounds, just silence. Do You have any advice on how to apply this mod? Thanks in advance for any advice.

To be honest I dont plan on updating this soon so you may as well have a crack at it Eddie and tell me what you think needs tweaking. There are two AI plans and they both involve fighting a rearguard toward the village using ambushes. The difference is the forces are oriented on different sides of the map and the counter attacks come from different directions.

I am lucky enough to be able to play all the CMx2 games against human players so an AI plan was kind of a backup in itself really.

As for the background sounds mod, I dont know Eddie. This is the first anyone has said about it not working, see if there isnt any other files conflicting with mine.

I will take a look at the AI plans and see if I can discover anything that could be adjusted as soon as I have time. I will let You know if I did change anything in Your mission, and ask if You're OK with it on this forum. A human opponent will, in most cases, be more challenging to play against then the AI. So I can imagine You consider yourself to be lucky having human opponents for all CM X2 games. I will check my Z folder and try different combinations of files and see if I can get Your mod to work that way. Thanks a lot for Your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how other people use the BRDM vehicle, that also appears in this scenario.

It is very vulnerable to almost all kinds of fire, but when you dismount the passengers, it cannot fire its weapon. I have used remnant teams of one or two to remount the vehicle to get a working MG, or I bail out a driver from one BRDM and use it as a machine gunner into the next one, creating one operable vehicle from two useless ones.

It is very vulnerable to almost all kinds of fire, but when you dismount the passengers, it cannot fire its weapon. I have used remnant teams of one or two to remount the vehicle to get a working MG, or I bail out a driver from one BRDM and use it as a machine gunner into the next one, creating one operable vehicle from two useless ones.

As things are now one has to use some special tactics when disembarking passengers from the BRDM, and still use the vehicle. Maybe this will be fixed in a patch for CMA.

• 2 weeks later...

Stagler,

Finally finished this one after playing a couple turns at a time for the past couple weeks! Thanks for making another great addition to CMA! I had a lot of fun with this one and it's an interesting fight. The map is beautiful too by the way. Really well done. Please make more!!!

Here is my final. I really really really hate getting ambushed by RPGs. ;)

Next up, Valley of the Kings!

roadtogardez.jpg