Oops; Trapped by the TAC AI

Hhmmm; interesting, wonder why the TacAI hasn't thrown this thing into the fray. I'm mauling their lead elements badly with my three Greyhounds, four 251/1's KO'd & another forced to retreat. Needless to say the PixelTruppen bailing out of the wreckage are also getting hammered. This Scenario Test Mode is a great training tool.

Negative on that Bodkin, this was one CMBN's quick battle maps (Meet Small Village (water) QB-082.btt). The setup was Axis computer purchase (mix). The scenario was really all about honing my skills as to deploying jeep mounted mortar teams (I.E. dismount/deploy/face & establishing C2 as quick as possible). That being said, it dawns on me how simple it would be to make that a neutral tile in the Axis setup zone via the editor. There, it's done!

That's more 'map designer error' than AI goof. To drop an impassable walled-in trap into a setup zone is a no-no. At least paint out the setup zone area over the trap so there's no longer in danger of dropping a vehicle into it. I don't often see this problem with walls, its usually a meadow surrounded on all sides by hvy forest. Equivalent of building a modular building complex and forgetting to include a door. :)

I can picture it now."Fritz,get that Halftrack in there,good,good,back up a little more,perfect.Now Hans,your guys must build that stone wall as quick as possible.The Americans will never suspect us of hiding a Halftrack here.":D

So long as the passengers in the track are engineers, could be a nasty surprise for the Amis.

Reminds me of an anecdote from the second battle of Cassino, some Kiwis heard an engine roar to life in a building next-door to their position (probably charging batteries for radio) - turns out there was a Panzer IV totally walled-in there, being used as an observation post, the crew had a tunnel that went under the street and came out in a nearby bunker.