Unit Data-Window Without Labour for BFC

I'm really missing the detailed infos for units, like in CMx1. I always enjoyed to learn something about the units, especially about the enemy's units.

It would be a lot of work for the developers to bring the data explicitly into a consistent and convenient form, and it would be another part of the software, that would be needed to be kept updated. The development overhead would rise.

How about this idea:

BFC implements a unit-window, but does not fill it with any data. In fact it would be only something like a file-viewer.

If a correctly named file with unit data is present, then it would be displayed. If the data is missing, then the window simply would show a message like "No additional unit data available".

If the viewer could display more than one page, then this could be used to present additional infos about the unit (think of tanks: when were they produced, what were the differences between this and other models, how much were produced,...).

I believe the community would fill the unit-windows with data in no time (ofcourse they have no game internal influence, they only provide - like Marco Bergman's excellent interface pics - additional Info).

If BFC would offer an empty template, then the chances are high, that the look would be consistent even from the beginning, too.