What triggers scenarios to end

I was experimenting testing dugouts and created little scenarios. This involved some simple AI plots and parameters. Oddly one side is competely wiped out to a man and the scenario does not end. OK, go to menu and end it, but shouldn't it end when the last man is killed?

And then the other extreme. Scenarios seem to end prematurely. One side has lost much of its force, but it is still firmly holding objectives with intact squads and weapons, the scenario ends before time expires. Sure its scored according to its parameters, but very anticlimactic.

Add more points for defender's primary objective. Example if you have several objectives give few secondary objectives example 100 points and main objective 500-750 points (maximum points 1000p).

I found this out by trial and error. No more annoying early surrender before final objective has been taken.

If you want to end the scenario when other side is completele wiped out you can add "casualties 100%". But I would recommend giving example 80-90% casualties. That way when other side is annihilated and unable to fight back scenario ends. You can assign as many points you like. Same way you can give friendly forces casualties example 40% and if they have lower casualies they get bonus points etc.

Add more points for defender's primary objective. Example if you have several objectives give few secondary objectives example 100 points and main objective 500-750 points (maximum points 1000p).

I found this out by trial and error. No more annoying early surrender before final objective has been taken.

If you want to end the scenario when other side is completele wiped out you can add "casualties 100%". But I would recommend giving example 80-90% casualties. That way when other side is annihilated and unable to fight back scenario ends. You can assign as many points you like. Same way you can give friendly forces casualties example 40% and if they have lower casualies they get bonus points etc.

De Savage I thought you gave me the holy grail but no, my scenario is still ending way too early. I set allied parameter to 95% enemy casualties. And have the axis target unit sitting on an unknown objective worth 750 points. The game ends with the target squad squad not panicked and untouched flanked by two packs also not panicked. 37 of 120 enemy still alive. I'm still going to test and try other parameters.

De Savage I thought you gave me the holy grail but no, my scenario is still ending way too early. I set allied parameter to 95% enemy casualties. And have the axis target unit sitting on an unknown objective worth 750 points. The game ends with the target squad squad not panicked and untouched flanked by two packs also not panicked. 37 of 120 enemy still alive. I'm still going to test and try other parameters.

60% casualties will drop the global morale ticker pretty low I'd think. Regardless of whether they're paniced, what is the state of the remaining men? If they're all Shaken or worse, the global morale might have dropped below where the AI will fight on.

Edit: It'd be really useful to have some information as to what contributes to Global Morale decrease from the horse's mouth. Does losing VLs cause loss of morale? Does achieving VCs increase it? Information about the level at which GM triggers surrender would be interesting too. Does the surrender level depend on the motivation of surviving troops? Do they surrender more easily if they've lost VLs? I get that it'd make 'playing for the win' easier for people against the AI if they can know exactly what they need to do with more precision than "Kill people and break things" to cause a surrender, but it'd help scenario designers to at least the same extent.