When will Mac game work under Lion?

When you're playing a scenario, they'll be in the lower-right hand corner of the 3D view. If they're not there, you have an older version of the patch.

I d/l the latest version. In lower-right hand corner I can't see any numbers. When I press c it says wide and when I change the angle I can see degree numbers. Can you send me a snapshot?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response ... :)

Running a MacBook Pro (early 2009) ...

Demo is just a blank white screen under Lion...

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0863

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: 3437

gMux Version: 1.7.3

Regards,

Doug

Lion has been... disappointing.

In my experience Apple is only "friendly" to developers when a) the developers' needs coincide directly with Apple's or B) the technology in question is more than one year old and less than 3 years old (and neither of these circumstances are guarantees). Otherwise the documentation is poor, the functionality isn't functional, and the tools are broken.

It's... occasionally daunting.

I sympathise. Wishing you the best of luck to find a way through the arcane tangle of Mac development.

I d/l the latest version. In lower-right hand corner I can't see any numbers. When I press c it says wide and when I change the angle I can see degree numbers. Can you send me a snapshot?

It would list FPS, Q: and LOS values. They would be constantly changing, and the FPS numbers would coincide roughly with the frame rate at the time. It sounds like you're either a) not getting the latest patch from the mirrors (several of the mirrors still have not updated the patch despite our requests) or B) the patch is not properly updating your copy.

The mirror at Atomicgamer has the latest version for certain.

It would list FPS, Q: and LOS values. They would be constantly changing, and the FPS numbers would coincide roughly with the frame rate at the time. It sounds like you're either a) not getting the latest patch from the mirrors (several of the mirrors still have not updated the patch despite our requests) or B) the patch is not properly updating your copy.

Phil thank you. An a) was a problem and yes Atomicgamer solved it. Now I can see FPS/Q/LOS values. Well.... back to the game..

Does this include the demo version?

I would like to try this out before buying full version, but all I see is a white screen and it locks up....

Regards,

Doug

Does this include the demo version?

I would like to try this out before buying full version, but all I see is a white screen and it locks up....

Regards,

Doug

The Demo has not (yet) been updated to v1.01, so unfortunately you're SOL there.

I expect that BFC will eventually get around to publishing an updated demo, but you may have to wait a bit for this -- if past history is any guide, they put top priority on updates for the full game, and only update the demo every 3-4 updates of the main game. So we may not see a Lion-compatible demo until somewhere around v1.03 or v1.04.

This said, it's obviously to BFC's benefit to have a playable demo available to Lion users, so perhaps they'll try to push out a new demo sooner rather than later in this specific case.

Thank you ... :)

That's disappointing ... as an old early member here, I was looking to resurrect my CB gaming and hoping to dust off the rust with the demo, to see what's changed ...

I had bought all of the past games and unfortunately, after two moves and building a new house, I can't find them or the manuals, plus they were on my old PC anyway.

I've now converted entirely to the Mac world ....

Appreciate your feedback ...

Regards,

Doug

Well, at the moment 1.01 is still up in the air a bit. Once the patch is out and people seem happy with it, we'll start setting a timeline for when we'll update the demo.

Thanks Phil ... :)

If I buy the FULL version, will it run under Lion OSX now?

Regards,

Doug

I'll take a stab at this so poor Phil keep his head down coding:

To date, the full 1.01 game is not working for everyone in Lion. Some people have reported being able to run the v1.01 of the game OK in Lion, but many others have reported problems.

My advice would be to wait a few days until the updated 1.01 Mac version with the Lion fix is released (which should be any day now), and then check here on the boards to make sure that the patch has fix the at least the vast majority of the Lion issues - if so, then you can be pretty sure that the game will run on your system, assuming you meet the other recommended hardware specs.

But if you're the patient type, the safest course would of course be to wait until there's a Lion-compatible demo.

Can someone please give an update on the patch progress? Thanks

Well, as a user, I bought the full Mac version 1.0 and applied the 1.01 patch ...

I also updated Lion OSX on my Macbook Pro to the latest patch which came out a few days ago....

CMBN now loads (no more white screen) and I'm able to at least get into a battle, although I haven't gone further then that as I need to re-learn the game. I'm about 5 years out of date ... :D

Don't know if that helps or not...

Regards,

Doug

Well, we wrapped it up yesterday and it's ready to go - now we just have to see if the mirrors will pick it up before the weekend. Apparently they don't work weekends, let alone late on Friday, so it's all down to timing. If they don't get it up in time we'll need to wait for Monday. Our part is done, though, at least, so it's just a matter of making it available for download.

Well, we wrapped it up yesterday and it's ready to go - now we just have to see if the mirrors will pick it up before the weekend. Apparently they don't work weekends, let alone late on Friday, so it's all down to timing. If they don't get it up in time we'll need to wait for Monday. Our part is done, though, at least, so it's just a matter of making it available for download.

Great news.

Now, get back to coding Bren tripods & portable tea kits for the Brits module!

Great news.

Now, get back to coding Bren tripods & portable tea kits for the Brits module!

Yep. :)

WRT to announcements, Moon will put up a patch announcement on the main forum like usual.