FireFox 4 and 5 warning for CMers w/ older Macs

I was running FF 3.6.18 on on my snowball 800 MHz iMac (OS X 10.4.11) when I encountered a little note on my screen saying my browser was obsolete and that I should upgrade to the latest version. Was very surprised, but it assured me on the landing page that it would run, so I downloaded it, only to find it wouldn't run. Called a Mac power user, and he suggested trying again. Still no joy. Went to Mozilla site and got FF4 instead. Rinse, repeat. Wanted to scream, especially since I thought I'd lose my bookmarks, too. Some digging in the Mozilla help forum disclosed that Mozilla's got flatly wrong data on its download page, confusing instructions with the downloads and that lots of people are upset.

Looked into something called TenFourFox, which is almost FF5, but is too much for my rig because of speed issues, especially on video playback, and eventually found a way to get the final version of FF for those of us with G3s, G4s and G5s--FF 3.6.19. This is the last version of Firefox which will run on your machines. Even FF4 requires OS X 10.5.

Do not believe the ad, for it is a lie!!! Save yourselves a lot of misery and frustration by going no higher than FF 3.6.19.

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Sorry I've been so scarce, but have been dealing with fundamental life stuff for months, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.