Next Module this Year or Next Year?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine it will turn up later this year. A number of factors would seem to determine this apart from the fact I'm a mind-reader. BFC have said themselves that modules will now take less time to produce due to the engine improvements. A number of the vehicle models already exist and require minor alterations rather than complete overhauls. They can nab the organisational structures of the commonwealth and British forces from existing games rather than completely rewriting them from scratch. Cashflow. It's a module that everyone is going to want. The only thing I can imagine taking serious amounts of time will be the ongoing improvements to the game they want to implement (like fire and flamethrowing units ;) ) and the scenarios and campaigns.

Nothing like a good dose of optimism.

But if everything that is promised with the first module is delivered, it will be a big one.

SS, FJs, British and Canadian troops and specific vehicles (Churchill, Comet, various scout and ACs) and weapons. And, presumably some additional features and scenarios.

My guess would be a New Year fixture.

Hey, it's been two whole months, BFC, almost three! Where's the next module!?!

:D

Seriously, if it comes out this year, I'm guessing it will be towards the end of the year. Some problems cropped up in BN that haven't been nailed down yet, and I think they'd like to get those solutions further along before they bring out a new title.

Previous titles/modules were slowed chasing down countless niggling bugs and problems for months on end, or in instituting big, complex, but much needed new features. Currently the game engine is solid as a rock. If they wanted to - or had the discipline - they'd be able to turn around a module in record time. The trick will be in keeping them from going down their (and your) long long 'wish list' and slowing module development in the process. "I want it all and I want it now" is not exactly how things work. A more appropriate slogan might be "I either want it all or I want it now."

Nothing like a good dose of optimism.

But if everything that is promised with the first module is delivered, it will be a big one.

SS, FJs, British and Canadian troops and specific vehicles (Churchill, Comet, various scout and ACs) and weapons. And, presumably some additional features and scenarios.

My guess would be a New Year fixture.

The Cromwell yes, but certainly not the Comet in the time frame of the coming module.

Regards

KR

Not really a case of mastering, more of playing catch-up with content.

Some of the more notable combats v US in this period cannot currently be replicated because of the lack of SS and FJ. This will be put right with the first module. I would also like bit more variety in choosing sides. It will be nice to have battles with Brits and Canadians as well as US.

Also the sooner the first module is out the closer is the second and then the third, with captured French tanks. Only then will we be truly able to see the full range of combats that happened in the first three months in Normandy.

I would imagine it will turn up later this year. A number of factors would seem to determine this apart from the fact I'm a mind-reader. BFC have said themselves that modules will now take less time to produce due to the engine improvements. A number of the vehicle models already exist and require minor alterations rather than complete overhauls. They can nab the organisational structures of the commonwealth and British forces from existing games rather than completely rewriting them from scratch. Cashflow. It's a module that everyone is going to want. The only thing I can imagine taking serious amounts of time will be the ongoing improvements to the game they want to implement (like fire and flamethrowing units ;) ) and the scenarios and campaigns.

Oh, Oh, Michael Wittmann must be trembling in his boots ! But then he has no idea about the 17pdr Sherman. Surprise !

What the heck is the rush for a new module? Hands up everyone who has this one mastered.....

GaJ

I knew there'd be one.

Read my original post.

Also - it's nothing to do with mastering the game. If I ever mastered it then I wouldn't bother with a new module.

M10's seem to be able to hurt my cat....

Sure they can, even a 75mm sherman can if close enough and from the right angles and flanks. But putting the hurt on them will be much easier than before. And you can't argue that a longer barrel is always good, right? No I'm not compensating for anything! ;)