Oh well.....

i also like to compare it with a game like "achtung panzer kharkov 1942", because it is a game with almost the same subject.

if then someone wanted to tell me, that this and that is not possible to realize in such game, then i wonder, why this just mentioned game can realize it.

there are advantages here and advantages there. this game is better with such points and that game is better at other points.

I do this too, but I am careful to remember that all those lovely little things (and there are a few, formations being the first feature I'd jack from it for CM) in AP which are absent in CMBN effectively come with a cost - i.e. the complete lack of human vs. human play (inexcusable), or realistic tactical situations/missions.

It just shows that as yet there is no such thing as the perfect tactical game, but we get closer all the time. I did really enjoy fanging around in T-34s crushing the cowering crews of burning panzers under my treads, or rolling right over the top of an ATG... man, that game really needed MP :o

I do this too, but I am careful to remember that all those lovely little things (and there are a few, formations being the first feature I'd jack from it for CM) in AP which are absent in CMBN effectively come with a cost - i.e. the complete lack of human vs. human play (inexcusable), or realistic tactical situations/missions.

It just shows that as yet there is no such thing as the perfect tactical game, but we get closer all the time. I did really enjoy fanging around in T-34s crushing the cowering crews of burning panzers under my treads, or rolling right over the top of an ATG... man, that game really needed MP :o

i like the damage textures f.e.. they look really good and you almost can see every single hit.

really to sad that there is no multiplayer, thats why i bought cm:normandy.

but after realizing how multiplayer works at normandy, i never played online until now.

ilike to hit a multiplayer menue and look there for other players an open/ready games, like even theatre of war can do.

so the advantage of "multiplayer" disappeared here :(

have to admit, that i understood you wrong a bit.

didnt recognized that you are talking about a special forum. thought you talk about people who talk in general (here and everywhere) about cm:normandy. :(

i like the damage textures f.e.. they look really good and you almost can see every single hit.

but after realizing how multiplayer works at normandy, i never played online until now.

ilike to hit a multiplayer menue and look there for other players an open/ready games, like even theatre of war can do.

You know I was trying to keep this on the up and up and have a genuine reasonable exchange, but the "special" forum comment just showed that was pretty idealistic on my part.

I don't know what you did in your previous life, but it must have been awful. I really feel bad for you as apparently your karma just sucks. The glass somehow is always half empty. Whatever the compulsion is that drives you to buy something before investigating it and then complain that what you found wasn't what you expected, you should really work on that.

It seems you can only post when complaining and EVERYTHING works badly for you. Your snipers can't hit the broadside of a barn. Your helicopter view couldn't spot the increased horsepower or drive changes in an armor vehicle you are citing as proof of mobility. Your ammo guys who don't want to share, even though no one ever said they would.

Is there anything you do like about this game? C'mon there has to be something, otherwise it seems like you just come to this forum to try and bring a downer to everyone else's enjoyment. Oh wait that was exactly the original point of this thread.

It's your fault Wodin...damn fanboy.

I was actually looking for a proper, realistic wargame after I stopped playing Men of War a few years ago and the three candidates were Theater of War Kursk 1943, Achtung Panzer and Combat Mission.

I thought AP was pretty good but the lack of multiplayer is a real letdown, that and the two (?) demo scenarios pitted infantry with 1 or 2 ATGs against a full on assault which I lost every time - though AP had absolutely fantastic visuals, some of the best I've seen in a game yet. ToW was better in my opinion, but the truly awful AI, lack of re-playability, the "gamey" feel and the way it seems to be set up to just "sit back and watch the show" kind of bothered me.

Normandy has it's issues of course, all games do, but it's a pretty nice little package and it's a fantastic experience :)

Er Steve, you are aware the Forum they are on about isnt Gamesquad? Right?

You mean there's another place out there similarly unreasonable, completely counter productive, and obsessive compulsive besides Gamesquad's CM hate forum? That's sad to hear. Oh wait, here's the obvious explanation, posted by Nidan1:

I did too, but the same folks seem to post in all these different forums.

That explains a lot, unfortunately. So everything I said was, apparently, spot on anyway.

Steve

You mean there's another place out there similarly unreasonable, completely counter productive, and obsessive compulsive besides Gamesquad's CM hate forum? That's sad to hear. Oh wait, here's the obvious explanation, posted by Nidan1:

That explains a lot, unfortunately. So everything I said was, apparently, spot on anyway.

Steve

As the moderator of the 'Hate Forum' I would like to point out that the majority of the posters, including several Beta testers of this game actually quite like the game.

What you are actually referring to are one or two guys who will most likely never take to CMBN in any form.

So actually everything you said was pretty way off the mark. In fact, your obsession with Mr Dorosh is pretty wierd in my opinion.

Perhaps you should concentrate on making a good game even better rather than labelling an entire site as psychotic because you happen to have an obsession about one poster.

Seems like talking about mental illness can cut both ways.

Cheers

You know having gone over and read the wargamers thread, it isn't so bad. Heck I think I have seen far worse tirades against CMBN here. The moderators seem to have stepped in and warned about certain behavior, Erik from Matrix came in and commented about the continuing nonsense of folks going on about CM and PCO as if they were mutually exclusive. All in all I'd have to say the thread didn't get me all hot and bothered.

Now it does start going off the deep end about the box, but I have to admit it did leave me laughing. Not a bad thing for a Monday.

"As the moderator of the 'Hate Forum' "

GSX, you moderate that stuff? Seriously? I just spent a few minutes there and that was quite enough for me - its a cess pit full of sh!t. Do you get paid or is it a labour of love? If you aren't getting paid large sums of money, then I take my hat off to you.

As a member of a cess pit known as the peng Challenge thread I find offense at that. Buzzsaw my little minion, challenge and defeat Blackcat in a qb.

Rune

Mr. Rune, I don't think you are allowed to bring your nonsense out of the Peng Challenge Thread. So either begone back to that fetid hole or challenge me yourself in a calm, civilised, gentlemanly manner.

As the moderator of the 'Hate Forum' I would like to point out that the majority of the posters, including several Beta testers of this game actually quite like the game.

What you are actually referring to are one or two guys who will most likely never take to CMBN in any form.

And they set the tone which, as moderator, you are condoning.

So actually everything you said was pretty way off the mark.

Hmmm... well, then a lot of other people are as well. See Blackcat's comments just above.

In fact, your obsession with Mr Dorosh is pretty wierd in my opinion.

He, and others (do I need to name names?), have gone out of their way to do as much damage as they can possibly do (which isn't any, actually) to our games, our company, our testers, our employees, and me personally. I think it is far less weird to keep an eye on these nutters than it is to provide them with a platform to spew their conspiracy theories, completely biased perceptions, personal attacks, and general examples of emotional instability.

Perhaps you should concentrate on making a good game even better rather than labelling an entire site as psychotic because you happen to have an obsession about one poster.

I only give those nutters a thought when it comes into this Forum, as it did with this thread. They are at times a source of annoyance, but always a source of amusement (how many times can they predict things so wrongly? We lost count :)). They are never, ever a factor in our development in any way. Which is the ultimate irony. Some of them spend WAY more time talking about this game than anybody who actually plays and likes it, yet their influence over it's development is absolute zero. In fact, if they said something was "good" I'd wonder if we might have to change it to do the opposite since they don't get even obvious factual things right.

Seems like talking about mental illness can cut both ways.

Says the man that sees no harm in allowing it to have a home. See comment above from Blackcat. You don't seem to understand that your reputation and influence is weighed down by the company you voluntarily keep.

Steve

Mr. Rune, I don't think you are allowed to bring your nonsense out of the Peng Challenge Thread. So either begone back to that fetid hole or challenge me yourself in a calm, civilised, gentlemanly manner.

I have special leave from the powers that be, being a tester since the cmbo days. Besides, a gentlemanly challenge would never do, and the minions have a strong union. Or was that a strong smell? Be that as it may, you must work your way up to challenge. Besides, Buzzsaw only managed to win one game, you need not fear.

Rune

And they set the tone which, as moderator, you are condoning.

You don't seem to understand that your reputation and influence is weighed down by the company you voluntarily keep.

Steve

This is where I dont understand you. I moderate a forum where guys who stay within the rules of the forum can post away, much like any other forum on the web. Should I come to you and ask if a poster at GS is allowed to stay?

Is GS Stormfront, er no it isnt. Do a couple of guys not like CM, or even yourself? Yes, undoubtedly.

Are you tainting a whole site because a couple of guys you dont like are posting there? Yes you are.

Does it do you or your game any good to do this, of course it doesnt.

Do you claim that a whole site is full of nutters every time someone doesnt like CM? Or is it just one guy in particular that gets to you?

I get it Steve that you need to paint your game and your company in the best of lights, I would to. But at the same time you should acknowledge that labelling a whole site and forum as psychotic because you dont personally like one or two of the posters is way off the mark.

I agree that certain posters can be a royal pain in the arse at times but I'd rather address them on an individual basis than collectively.

Finally, the Gamesquad CM forum has the whole spectrum of CM user, ranging from the unapologetic lover, to the unapologetic hater and I will allow everyone from both sides a place at the table regardless of whatever tone it supposedly sets as long as they abide by the rules of the site.

I think most people will then make up their own minds as to who the nutters are or aren't.

Cheers

This is where I dont understand you. I moderate a forum where guys who stay within the rules of the forum can post away, much like any other forum on the web. Should I come to you and ask if a poster at GS is allowed to stay?

I'm simply saying that your standards of respectable behavior fall short of the standards I see on this and many other Forums. I am by far not alone in that opinion.

Do a couple of guys not like CM, or even yourself? Yes, undoubtedly.

Are you tainting a whole site because a couple of guys you dont like are posting there? Yes you are.

A few rotten apples can spoil the barrel. Heard of that one? Especially when the rotten apples feel that it is their life's mission to spoil the barrel.

Do you claim that a whole site is full of nutters every time someone doesnt like CM? Or is it just one guy in particular that gets to you?

No. I say the nutters (PLURAL) are reason enough to not visit the GS Forum. Therefore, whatever positive that goes on is lost because I (and many others) don't visit it. If we left Neonazis to run around this Forum, posting sometimes dozens of times in a day, do you think that would turn people off from visiting here? We do, which is why we don't put up with that sort of behavior.

I get it Steve that you need to paint your game and your company in the best of lights, I would to. But at the same time you should acknowledge that labelling a whole site and forum as psychotic because you dont personally like one or two of the posters is way off the mark.

I said you host the psychotic, I didn't say you or the others are all psychotic. There's a huge difference.

I agree that certain posters can be a royal pain in the arse at times but I'd rather address them on an individual basis than collectively.

If you set your expectations for behavior to a higher standard then you wouldn't need to address them at all. Which, again, is why we don't put up what that sort of behavior here. Not against us, not against other posters, not against other games, not against other game companies. It's simply not allowed because it's not in the best interests of a forum.

I think most people will then make up their own minds as to who the nutters are or aren't.

Indeed. Obviously you know I have good relations with many of GS' posters, so also obviously I don't paint everybody with one brush. But I don't see value in a discussion area (it doesn't matter what discipline/hobby we're talking about) where a few people with serious, and obvious, personality disorders are allowed the freedom to actively undermine the enjoyable pursuit of open minded discussions.

Each to his own, of course. Which is why I don't read anything on the GS forum, though I used to before the exiles from here came to roost there.

Steve

I have special leave from the powers that be, being a tester since the cmbo days. Besides, a gentlemanly challenge would never do, and the minions have a strong union. Or was that a strong smell? Be that as it may, you must work your way up to challenge. Besides, Buzzsaw only managed to win one game, you need not fear.

Rune

I have to work my way up before I can play you in a PBEM? P!ss off! Back to the CM cess-pit with you and all your silly rules and talk of minions. Begone, I say!

This has turned into a very silly thread.

What's disappointing, however is that battlefront.com seems to be at the forefront of the silliness.

Airing that sort of laundry here is completely uncalled for.

Take it to PM or phone each other for Pete's sakes.

This has turned into a very silly thread.

What's disappointing, however is that battlefront.com seems to be at the forefront of the silliness.

Airing that sort of laundry here is completely uncalled for.

Take it to PM or phone each other for Pete's sakes.

Agreed, I find it odd that this thread has not been locked up by now.

Unless all the frustration on both sides has just reached a head, in that case a public cleansing of all the bad feelings might be just what is needed.