David's Sound Mod released

Hello folks, sorry for the delay------ got my Higher School Certificate coming up and over the last month when I wasn't doing Maths or Physics I was playing Knight of the Old Republic :D

But now the sound mod I promised you has been partially finished, and I would appreciate it if you could try it out and gimme some feedback. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6M6CQ9J

Cheers.

======================================================

Readme file content:

Description

==============

This mod is for TOW 1. It changes nearly all the sound effects of weapons in the game. I am not the author for all parts of the mod. Please refer to the section "Credits" for more information.

Installation

==============

Place the folders in the compressed file in the main folder of your game.

Version History

==============

1.0 initial release

Credits

==============

The sound effects of the listed weapons are done by Tartari. I obtained these files from his Small Arms Mod 1.0, with consent.

--American and German small arms (With exceptions of Browning 1918 and Colt M1911)

--PPS-41(applied to PPSH in this mod)

Also, the sound effect of a weapon named as "M37 boy" (which I never worked out what it is), which is done by Tartari as well, has been modified into the following files:

--75mm.wav

--PAK36.wav

which are then used for a variety of different weapons.

I retain the authorship of other parts of the mod.

I suspect the M37 weapon is this -

14dioau.jpg

1iiiz9.jpg

This is from a manual for the (later) tank type M37.

The .30 browning M1919 variants used in WW2 (& later) were given the M37 designation & deployed in a lot of different ways - on vehicles, aircraft, for infantry etc. So your M37 sound is probably for the .30 shown.

Will try & test your sounds out at some point, thanks for sharing.

no way..

I wouldnt have used it if it turned out to be a .30 calibre MG. It sounds like artillery, which is the reason I used it for other guns such as 76.2mm F-34 and other things.

Ur sound mod is great! Will U make a mode for tow 2 or 3? I hope it!

Thank you:)

I believe Tartari said a while ago that he/she woz making a sound mod for TOW2. Not too familiar with the games, me. so i probably won't attempt it.

Maybe I should have listened to it not just looked at the part number.:P

It is heavier than .30. Given the name & the sound I would say it is likely to be the 1937 RE Boys AT rifle.

Sounds like it.. Err I'll try to find some more sfx for the AT-guns then.

There are quite a few clips of real weapons on youtube - Pak 36

-could be used if you can cut off the undesirable noises.

Sure, cheers. Thanks for the advice. Never figured out how to cut off the noices, vocals, etc, so it wasnt an easy job to find a decent source sound.

GoldWave is one of the better sound editors about. Audacity is freeware & does pretty much the same.

If you d/l youtube files with jdownloader you can select just the mp3 or wav etc file (Saves demuxing.) & then chop it about & change its' format in a sound editor as req'd.

Thanks. I've been using these but I reckon I'd find myself some more tutorials on them, then.

When will U release sound mods for part 2+3^^

Or have U an interrest in to make a mod together with some other? Me and an other user are working on an sound mod too and wie need Ur experience.

Um, I'm not so sure what you mean by "part 2 and 3". Are you referring to TOW2 and TOW3? If so, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the games, really.

If you two are working on a mod for TOW1, I'd be interested to join you. If you want to use some of my stuff feel free to.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello folks, sorry for the delay------ got my Higher School Certificate coming up and over the last month when I wasn't doing Maths or Physics I was playing Knight of the Old Republic :D

But now the sound mod I promised you has been partially finished, and I would appreciate it if you could try it out and gimme some feedback. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6M6CQ9J

Cheers.

======================================================

Readme file content:

Description

==============

This mod is for TOW 1. It changes nearly all the sound effects of weapons in the game. I am not the author for all parts of the mod. Please refer to the section "Credits" for more information.

Installation

==============

Place the folders in the compressed file in the main folder of your game.

Version History

==============

1.0 initial release

Credits

==============

The sound effects of the listed weapons are done by Tartari. I obtained these files from his Small Arms Mod 1.0, with consent.

--American and German small arms (With exceptions of Browning 1918 and Colt M1911)

--PPS-41(applied to PPSH in this mod)

Also, the sound effect of a weapon named as "M37 boy" (which I never worked out what it is), which is done by Tartari as well, has been modified into the following files:

--75mm.wav

--PAK36.wav

which are then used for a variety of different weapons.

I retain the authorship of other parts of the mod.

I didn't tried this mod but someone told me it was good, so i decided to try it, and what a surprise, almost all the sounds are taken from my mod (uploaded here at the repository)!

Good Job, David! :D

anyway my new sound mod with almost all new sounds is about to be released, and i'll make a reduced ToW1 version...