Is there a trick to get the patch to install on a Mac?

Thanks Michael. Hmm - did you run the installer all the way to the end?

Yep. When it finished it closed itself.

Have you renamed the application, by any chance? That shouldn't matter, as Apple's installer looks for the app signature and not the filename, but it might.

Nope. Everything is as I DLed it with the exception that I moved everything into one folder as I described last night.

It has crossed my mind to delete the entire package and reinstall it from the disk to see if that makes a difference. I want to finish a game I have ongoing first though, and I am not in so great a hurry to install the update if it is going to require such drastic action.

Michael

If there is a multiple copy that can be a problem, but otherwise there does seem to be a problem with the installer not prompting the user for install permission (i.e. Admin password). Therefore the system dutifully ignores the install attempt. Why the user isn't informed about this is beyond me!

We should have another patch up soon with the permissions problem fixed.

Steve

General Lee - thanks.

Michael - no, you shouldn't have to delete the whole package. If for some reason we do need to do that we can save your scenarios, saves, and PBEMs.

I had one more thought on this. My version was the early Mac DL copy that had a bug that was fixed by a "temporary" update. The DL version was quickly fixed and the update no longer necessary for later users. But I had to use the updater. So my question is, could that have complicated whether or not the installer recognizes it as a version that needs updating?

Michael

...otherwise there does seem to be a problem with the installer not prompting the user for install permission (i.e. Admin password). Therefore the system dutifully ignores the install attempt. Why the user isn't informed about this is beyond me!

Aha! I didn't get the password prompt.

We should have another patch up soon with the permissions problem fixed.

Okay. I'll then give that a spin.

:)

Michael