Print Screen...

I haven't been able to take screenshots either. I tried using FRAPS, Irfanview and Printscreen. They all turn out as black images.

While we were all waiting for CMBN I was introduced to CMBB and CMAK. I was unable to get FRAPs to take a screen shot or a movie either. I my case I was getting strange colours (like the old days of 16 colour only games). I contacted support and they told me to update my video drivers (which were out of date). So I did. Then my screen caps and video were all black - arrggg. Some time passed and I decided to ping FRAPs support again but before I did I noticed they had a new version. Knowing the first thing support would ask me to do I installed the new one first. It worked!!

So they are fixing stuff all the time and I found support to be fairly responsive. I really like having it work now. Worth taking time to update your video drivers and get the latest FRAPs and then ping support with examples if things are still not working.

Hmmm... methinks I'll refrain from commenting on who looks and smells most like a troll. Kind of like getting involved in a discussion over which woman looks better in a certain outfit... you just can't win. :rolleyes:

Sardaukar -- IIRC, the reason that Print Screen is not working for you is that the Print Screen function does not work properly for OpenGL applications in Windows 7. Microsoft would obviously prefer developers used their DirectX protocol, so I guess it's not surprising that the support for OpenGL in Windows 7 is a little half-assed...

So it's not really a problem with the game as such, though I suppose you could fault BFC for deciding to go with OpenGL over DirectX... that's a whole different discussion, though.

Win 7 32 bit. Print Screen won't work. Simple as that. I asked why.

And how it is my fault, when it works in every other game I use? Care to explain me how I am wrong to query about it?

Note also, that I have been around quite a while, even from old BTS forum. So I appreciate if you spare me from "it's your fault".

Sardaukar,

You quoted me as saying "it's your fault". That is not what I wrote. If you're going to quote someone, please be honest enough to actually quote what was written. Misquoting is, at best, misleading.

You did not simply ask why it doesn't work. You imbued your post with anger and suffused it with sarcasm. Despite your attitude, you have been given offers of assistance.

I shall spare you, not from, as you so illiterately misquoted, "it's your fault", but also from any assistance. Good luck.

Ken

This game gets more strange day by day.

When I try to take PrintScreen from game (usual shift+PrintScreen), I get picture of my desktop. WTF? I never had any problems doing that with any other game with my ATI card.

Nice...as old CMx1 player, I am starting to be so happy I skipped few versions of "CMx2". I may skip all next "modules" too, this is both way too limited and clunky...

To try and get this back on track..

I use windows 64 bit and fraps. I haven't had any issues at all with getting screenshots (I have my F10 key mapped and just hit it whenever I find something I want.) I posted an AARs worth of shots and a number for the Screenshot thread. I am no PC geek so it must be easy to do :-P

As a total guess and likely not helpful but maybe a place to start, I expect there is something conflicting on your PC config giving the results. You'll need better minds than mine to figure it out though. However I can with certainty say it isn't the game itself, otherwise my AAr would have just been a lot of text.

FRAPS IMO is the way to go, since odds are someday soon you will want to make a video too. It's very easy to use. You don't need to keep it running in the background constantly. Just play and whenever you need to take a screenshot just alt-tab out, turn it on, alt-tab back in, and snap away. The default key for screenshots is in fact the prt scr key.

I PRNTSCRN, then ALT/TAB to Paint(which is minimised), then CNTRL/V. Cropping, and saving as JPEG, ensues.

Done and done ... all my screenies posted here are either Infranview to Paint to Photobucket, or just Paint to Photobucket.

Paint comes with Window$, so may as well get some value from the overpriced P.O.S. O.S. ;)

-

Fraps is the only way to go for screenshots. Infranview is fundamentally flawed and broken and needs to be fixed. I only use Infranview to view images, crop images, resize and edit images, save images from clipboard and to add text to images. Other than that Infranview is a pile of poo and is useless.

:)I was so annoyed about not being able to take screen shots. Tried every fix under the sun, but had no luck. I have windows 7, 64 bit which was taking black screen shots of CBMN in infanview and gadwin. Normal printscreen in paint was only taking pictures of the desktop. I updated my ATI drivers and downloaded latest free version of "Fraps"", and all is good and so damn easy to use. Thanks guys for fixing this as Screen shots are necessary when creating a good overhead view tactical map.:D