Print Screen...

This game gets more strange day by day.

When I try to take PrintScreen from game (usual shift+PrintScreen), I get picture of my desktop. WTF? I never had any problems doing that with any other game with my ATI card.

Nice...as old CMx1 player, I am starting to be so happy I skipped few versions of "CMx2". I may skip all next "modules" too, this is both way too limited and clunky...

This may be helpful:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=97288&highlight=screenshot

Use Fraps or Irfanview.

Have fun,

Thomm

Thanks.

But it's really another counter-intuitive thing, if game like this doesn't support either in-game hotkeys for screen capture or basic Windows ability... :(

Screenshot is really important for bug reporting and I am amazed it has been made so difficult...

I was going to make a post about possible bug in movement of Rhino-equipped Sherman. I am not bothering if I have to do it by downloading external program and then figuring out how THAT program works.

Thanks about help, all constructive people.

How about, knowing how well the forum search tool works, if you'd just point me to answer, since you seem to know it.

Thanks for the help....

Sorry, I just remember this matter being raised and answered before. Searching for "Screenshot" in the CMBN forums should get you your answer quite quickly.

Ok, here is a possible solution for the "Black Screen Capture" bug if anyone else has this. Try using the Snipping Tool built into Windows. FYI, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

"If you have a version of Vista other than Home Basic, you already have the Snipping Tool screen capture utility: Choose Start, All Programs, Accessories, Snipping Tool. If you don't see it there, it may not be activated. Go to Control Panel and open Program and Features (you may have to click Programs first). In the task pane on the left, click Turn Windows features on or off. If necessary, click Continue when prompted by User Account Control. Scroll through the list of features, check the box next to Tablet PC Optional Components, and click OK. Turning on these features gives you not only the Snipping Tool, but also the Tablet PC Input Panel, Windows Journal, and other stylus-related features."

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/137099/activate_vistas_snipping_tool.html

A Thread on the Subject

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90009&highlight=black+screen+shot

I was going to make a post about possible bug in movement of Rhino-equipped Sherman. I am not bothering if I have to do it by downloading external program and then figuring out how THAT program works.

Fraps is a gold standard for grabbing screenshots and making movies these days.

In case you change your mind and try it out (you basically just need to press F11 after starting it) you will find that that it is much better than PrintScreen, because you can take multiple screenshots without having to Alt-Tab to save them individually.

Taking a few minutes to set it up is a very good time investment.

It also shows you your frames-per-second onscreen.

Looking forward to your bug report,

Thomm

Sorry, I just remember this matter being raised and answered before. Searching for "Screenshot" in the CMBN forums should get you your answer quite quickly.

No problem. :)

I am just bit amazed that making screenshot is so complicated, considering it's importance in bug-reporting.

Usually, in any wargame, when you report a bug, programmers appreciate if you have screenshot of issue & save game.

I am just bit amazed that making screenshot is so complicated, considering it's importance in bug-reporting.

You are right, it is strange.

I posted a thread on the beta forum to find out more about whether something can be done about this or not.

Still, give Fraps a try! You will not want to use PrintScreen any more after you got used to it.

Best regards,

Thomm

i have the same annoying issue.

it makes no difference if you use FRAPS or whatever. i'm quite sure it's got something to do with OpenGL and drivers.

i could go the brutal way and just get the actual OpenGL buffer, but it's far too inconvenient and a BFC developer did make a warning about using too low-level stuff (might mess with DRM).

if i wasn't so lazy i might check driver settings. but i rather complain on a forum.

BATTLEFRONT, YOUR GAME IS FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED AND BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR!!!11 :mad::mad::mad:

Sardaukar,

It is obvious that it is possible to take screenshots. Others have done so. You cannot. The fault is at your end.

To resolve your issue, regarding screenshots, it would be beneficial for you to post your computer specs. What OS are you using?

Anger will only lead you to the dark side.

Ken

Sardaukar,

It is obvious that it is possible to take screenshots. Others have done so. You cannot. The fault is at your end.

To resolve your issue, regarding screenshots, it would be beneficial for you to post your computer specs. What OS are you using?

Anger will only lead you to the dark side.

Ken

Win 7 32 bit. Print Screen won't work. Simple as that. I asked why.

And how it is my fault, when it works in every other game I use? Care to explain me how I am wrong to query about it?

Note also, that I have been around quite a while, even from old BTS forum. So I appreciate if you spare me from "it's your fault".

Sardaukar, before you blast someone for being troll-like, read your own post again. One attitude leads to another. And I doubt it was a fluke considering your reply to someone politely introducing you to the utility of the search function.

Cheers,

Trolls are who do not contribute anything, just troll. I am quite sure about correctness of my comments. Read the previous comments and see who contributed to thread and who did not.