Unit Ideas for Peng Challenge Thread Module

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A train carrying Joe's colon leaves Chicago on a train going east at 60 mph.

At the same time, a train carrying Stuka's liver leaves NYC going west at 65 mph.

Knowing that the distance between both starting points is 711 miles, at what point will the trains collide, showering the countryside with offal?

Knowing the state of the 'murkin rail system and how much money the Fed has to spend on maintenance I'd say Joe's train will break down 300meters out from Chicago station and my train will arrive late, but eventually to a rapturous applause from a city brought to a standstill by a crowd of millions of devotees, flocking to catch just the merest glimpse of the 'Holy Liver' of New York.

A train carrying Joe's colon leaves Chicago on a train going east at 60 mph.

At the same time, a train carrying Stuka's liver leaves NYC going west at 65 mph.

Knowing that the distance between both starting points is 711 miles, at what point will the trains collide, showering the countryside with offal?

Given Joe's usual state of lost befuddlement, he would put his colon on the wrong train and it would end up in Waterloo, Ontario. Good luck to the Canucks.

Stuka, on the other hand, would make an effort to put his liver on the right train, but being an Aussie and drunk would only be incomprehensible at the ticket window. Being an Aussie, he would get impatient, say something provocative and a brawl would ensue. He would be taken into custody by Homeland Security and in the melee his liver would fall on the tracks and lie there until eaten by rats.

So, never. QED.

Michael

Stuka, on the other hand, would make an effort to put his liver on the right train, but being an Aussie and drunk would only be incomprehensible at the ticket window. Being an Aussie, he would get impatient, say something provocative and a brawl would ensue. He would be taken into custody by Homeland Security and in the melee his liver would fall on the tracks and lie there until eaten by rats.

Couple of minor corrections needed there Mick.

Drunk or not an Aussie would be always be incomprehensible to a 'Merkin at ticket window, if a brawl did ensue an Aussie would of course win said brawl but granted may be politely invited back to the station for another couple of coldies by the coppers and of course your entire basis relies on the notion that Stuka has any functional liver remaining which is unlikely. I cannot imagine even New York subway rats sinking to the level of picking over the vestigial remains of Stuka's liver.

You are all so damn wrong (Nothing new there)!

It was a TRICK QUESTION!

Stuka's liver is so grossly distended and bloated, there's no way it could ever fit in a train car!

A container ship, possibly. If it were squooshed down really, really tight.

But no way on a train.

My liver has been piss-fit since 1985 when I started training it properly. It is so lean, cut and buffed I could take Gold in the Drinking Olympics.

(unless there were Russians competing, drinking pints of Vodka is OTT and yes I have witnesses to such suicidal behaviour)

Should I mention that Nidan1 has surrendered in our latest little spat?

Perhaps I should although why any of you would need a reminder of my Uberosity I can't imagine. Anyhoos, Nidan1, gave up...caved...threw in the towel and generally just cried "enough!"

My Germanski freedom fighters kicked his GI Paratrooper terrorists out of the village, rescued our POW and controlled the crossroads...all with 9 minutes to spare. Can't ask for than that hey lads?

I reckon that takes me to 6-0 in the CMBN PBEM stakes, no wonder Boo is too frightened to accept my challenge.

Perhaps I should although why any of you would need a reminder of my Uberosity I can't imagine. Anyhoos, Nidan1, gave up...caved...threw in the towel and generally just cried "enough!"

My Germanski freedom fighters kicked his GI Paratrooper terrorists out of the village, rescued our POW and controlled the crossroads...all with 9 minutes to spare. Can't ask for than that hey lads?

I reckon that takes me to 6-0 in the CMBN PBEM stakes, no wonder Boo is too frightened to accept my challenge.

I just installed the game last evening. On Monday, I'm picking up some more RAM, so hopefully the game will run without lagging all over the place.

That being said, I might still ignore you just out of general principles.

9 minutes feh amateur, he surrendered to me with 30 minutes to go.