Where is your rifle Hans? - Weird TCP/IP bug

Well this crazy bug is around since CMSF. As far as I know it occurs only in Tcp/IP and only for the guest side. Soldiers that start loaded on trucks/apcs lose all/some of their weapons. Eg you are on setup phase and you load a squad on a truck. Once you press go and you disembark that squad chances are that their rifles/smgs will disappear! Please note this is not a graphics bug, the weapons disappear for good, your men will have to fight bare handed.

WeaponsBug.jpg

Yes I had this happen in a game as well. Not sure if they were in vehicles at the beginning or not, but a few guys out of every squad were missing their weapons. In one case, there was a soldier with two rifles, one in his hands and one on his back, while the guy beside him was empty handed.

Interesting and disappointing if replicable across the board.

You say it ONLY happens in TCP/IP games and even then ONLY to the guest? Weird.

I've certainly not seen this but I have seen graphical examples which may or may not indicate similar issues. Basically sometimes one sees soldiers with hands grasping an invisible weapon and yet they either have a weapon strapped on their back or apparently no weapon at all.

I've seen one instance of a loaded HT being hit and some of the survivors had no weapons, but that seems realistic, and I'd say it's a commendable design feature.

I wonder if the two things could be related? Perhaps disembarking is treated the same as bailing out and weapons are randomly lost?

Strangely, tank crews always seem to preserve their side-arms!

Yes, as far as I know this only happens in TCP/IP and guest side. TCP/IP is still the most buggy aspect of the game and its a bit disappointing that it doesnt recieve much attention. We have the moving tree bug (apparently fixed in 1.01), we also have a phantom artillery bug(guest side only), where you can hear and see craters from artillery but not the rounds and explosions and now this. Guest simply cannot execute a fast mechanized assault from the beggining (very common in a meeting eng). He has to press go, first manually load all inf on vehicles and then order them to move. This is since CMSF early days :(

Also, without being 100% sure, spotting is a bit suspect in TCP/IP, as I tend to spot tanks faster when playing as host. Could be my idea but my opponent armor seems less lively and alert.

• 1 month later...