QB Map "Acropolis"

It came out more mediteraenean than norman but couldnt help it :)

It still has bocage though :P

Well, that's one of the things I like about it, Ali Baba. I've already started modifying it by making it more Med-like. :) Don't get me wrong, it's a great map, but I want get ready for sdp's Italian mod.

Very nice rolling landscape with some nice touches. It has a nice feel.

Just a couple of points - and allowing for it being Greek/Mediterranean. Th positioning of isolated houses within wheat fields. Generally speaking because of the difficulties of controlling horees and plough I would think they are not normally centrally placed. Also I would expect some trees near the houses for shade/fruit.

The house in the largest wheatfields has the BF huge window feature. I can understand it perhaps in shops but in 30/40's Europe and earlier windows would be small in sunny climes to keep the heat down.

Lastly the railway line has a bridge rather than be a 100 metres inland. This seems very strange as bridges are expensive to build and maintain. The spur line to the port [ fishing?] could just run further if the line was inland more.

I hope that it does not ruin your feelings fro finishing a very nice map - I just hope this helps you look at the "logic" of the landscape. Roads , rails , houses and trees always have some reason for being where they are. ;)

However end of day you live in the region and I only pass through!

Good points Diesel thanks! I thought that about the bridge but I couldnt resist putting one there just for the looks. Thought that a straight railway like looks a bit boring :) I could run a river deeper in the map but that would be a problem for gameplay reasons. About positioning of farmhouses, its true center is not the most ideal spot but I wanted to brake open space evenly and make a wide exposed field a little more inf friendly.

You are right that some elements dont feel quite right but I guess its the artistic junky in me that makes things according to color palletes, space arrangments and thinks later about reality :rolleyes: And sice its med/greek, we are famous for wasting money and building things that just dont make sense. It must be that sun :D

But thanks again for pointing these things. Its important to remember that people have a different visual perspective from you and what you think feels right doesnt necesarily work the same for all.

PS. An updated version might follow though. I'd like to blend the railway, port and the acropolis a little better with the rest of the map. Of course feel free to edit this to your liking.