What feature are you glad ISN'T in CMBN

For me it is that the wounded only cry out "I'm hit" and then mercifully suffer in dignified silence. Imagine all those troops crying out until you can get a medic to them. I think I wouldn't be able to play the game.

As it is I just finished a turn where I hit an enemy soldier attempting to cross an open field. His asst at the end of the turn is poised over him as if to check the wound. If I had that level of control I would probably tell my guys to not shoot at that individual. The scene is actually emotionally impacting.

I am glad the game stops where it does at showing wounds graphically. I don't need to see the first 20 minutes of SPR every time I start up a game in CM.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad mines do not pop up like a Jack-in-the-box...with a scary clown coming out...that would be scary.

I am also glad there are no mimes in the game. They would not help immersion at all.

BFS5

LOL So how many folks here remember Opus and his penchant for beating Mimes?

base building and harvesting

In earnest: I'm also very happy about the amount of graphic injuries. Its just enough to feel bad about your troops dying so you don't waste them like in RTS games.

OTOH I could easily accept more graphical mayhem on vehicles, vegetation, buildings and terrain...;)

I am glad the game stops where it does at showing wounds graphically. I don't need to see the first 20 minutes of SPR every time I start up a game in CM.

This little fella strongly disagrees....

heh. this reminds me a little of some of the "more gore" posters that

flash onto the forum occasionally and then disappear almost as quickly.

This little fella strongly disagrees....

heh. this reminds me a little of some of the "more gore" posters that

flash onto the forum occasionally and then disappear almost as quickly.

This is hysterical, man I love the Onion. "He was crying so I shot him again."

a few weeks of grinding out some gear for your Shermans, for a 40-man guild raid to the wolf's lair.

axis "secret" weapons.

mp44s with red dot.

impenetrable hedgerows

a guy jumping out of your panther, smacking it with a wrench until the gun works again.

and yeah, hit points.

end-of-campaign boss fights would be tight though!

Real or not that is possibly one of the most appalling things I have ever seen.

I caught this segment on the Daily Show this week:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-30-2011/moral-kombat

The "action" in this game would qualify as one of the most appalling things I've seen. -Makes the gore in SPR's beach scene look like an old cowboy film.

Sheesh.

Losing 50% of your Panthers to breakdown each mission.

2nd Panzer Div traveling from Somme to Caen covers about 200km going by googlemaps. The two panzer battalions report on day of arrival 75% operational PIV and 75% operational Panthers.

The reports of unreliability of Panther's is vastly overstated and or PIV reliability is vastly overstated in 1944.