Releasing the Thunder Campaign Missions

Can anyone from BF elaborate on this? Either a simple 'yes' it is possible or a 'no' forget about it would be nice.

BFC guys are pretty busy working on patches for both CMSF and CMBN - hence the lack of response.

I just picked this one up myself. I can't formally speak for BFC but usually with the scenario stuff that comes down to individual designers as to what they do after the game has been published. Usually after a few months or so some of the guys do release campaign scenarios as standalones.

I think one of the main issues with Task Force Thunder is many of the scenarios were done a while back and many of the designers might not be that keen ongoing back and updating some older work. Many of us are pretty busy now making a start on doing maps etc for the new Commonwealth module for CMBN plus beta testing patches. For this main reason I'm not so sure whether any will be released. TBH I'm not sure what ones I made for it. I'd be happy to upload the ones I did. I think it might be:

Into The Valley

The Screen

Ambush Alley

If these are any use let me know and I'll upload em. A word of caution though is they were balanced for the campaign i.e. the units in the scenarios will be full strength whereas in the campaign they were balanced for losses. This could mean they are a bit easier as standalones?

Anyways let me know :)

I would appreciate you uploading the scenario's you made. I was basically thinking about us consumers taking the uploaded missions and tweaking them to our liking for H2H or to even redo the campaign with different setups and AI tweaks. I apologize if I came across wrong but I was not asking the scenario creators or BF to tweak the campaign and then rerelease.

If you could talk to the other scenario creators to see if they could do the same as you that would be great. I am sure everyone would appreciate it. Thanks again.

No worries mate :)

I've just uploaded my three to the repository. Should be up and downloadable tomorrow. I've also posted a link to this thread on the beta forum. I'm just thinking who the original designers were of some of em and I'm not sure many of em are still active as beta testers so there might be some gaps. Still fingers crossed :)

George. What about your 'Point Blank' scenario?

Rune contacted me and said that he lost his creations-- due to HD crash.

BF,

Any chance of putting the campaign scenarios up in the Repository? Would save me some time trying to track all the scenario designers down. I know Dorosh does not frequent these parts anymore and I am not too sure where to find him. If it is a 'no go' on BF's part, I will still try to track these down for upload. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys

I tried to upload to repository but it may have timed out, so I put it on mediafire as well. Basically it's all the thunder campaign scenarios extracted. Also included the script file parameters.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ryb29yb800hhf4/CMSF_TF_Thunder_Campaign_Scenarios.rar

3 days of mind juggling/looking at Mad Mike's tool and finally realized it could be done with a hex editor, albeit bit tedious. I also tried with the core units file, but no luck. With no java skills it's best I can do, hopefully Mad Mike can take a look and make one compatible for CMSF and its modules.