Ammo Bearer Ammo Readout

Hi,

I would really like to see the main gun ammo counts (0+) being carried by all ammo bearer teams. Currently the ammunition situation on the teams is hard to understand. It seems at present there are several possible ammo situations.

1) The ammo display sometimes shows that the team IS carrying X number of main gun rounds, which is great!

2) The ammo display shows nothing except for the bearer team's personal weapons ammo (7.92mm) BUT hidden main gun rounds ARE being carried. Why are the rounds not shown in inventory?

3) The ammo display shows nothing except for the bearer's personal weapon ammo (7.92mm), main guns rounds ARE NOT being carried but I don't want to move the team away from the main gun b/c there may be hidden rounds in that team somewhere.

Was wondering if there is a good reason it works like this, or if this is a bug.

Thanks,

Shane

I haven't seen any instances of "hidden" ammo, but like you I was originally baffled at the ammo readouts that seemed to change a lot during a game. Also the unit's ammo readout usually differed from the ammo readout in the details panel.

So, here's what I've figured out(using a U.S. 60mm mortar as an example):

1. The ammo readout that the unit is personally carried is listed on the UNIT INFO PANEL. (page 63 - section 1 of the UI)

2. The ammo readout in the TEAM INFO PANEL (section 2 of the UI) is what is available to the unit. This includes what the unit is personally carrying AND any nearby units that carry the same ammo type. Nearby units could be ammo bearers OR another 60mm mortar. So, for example, a 60mm mortar can act as an ammo bearer for another 60mm mortar.