Blank Windows

If you both could provide some details for your systems that would be a start on helping us to help you. The actual OS and version; your graphics card; the driver versions for your graphics card; the amount of memory your computer has; the amount of memory assigned to CMBO; the direct X version and any unusual things you have added to your system.

Chopakokov, are you experiencing any other text problems? This may be a graphics card driver problem solvable with the drivers that come with CMBO 1.12.

Thanks.

Mr. Mead, you are a jewel beyond compare... a veritable Einstein of the Keyboard.... the E to the MC2 of CMBO... in short , CMBO 1.12 patch solved all my problems.....now I can find by Bazookas as the Panzers rumble towards me.... I can see how much ammo my boys have etc etc....This is an excellent game and I love it.... Thanks Guys & Gals. I'm playing on a 400 mhz G4 right out of box except for an internal Zip drive and 192 mb memory. Mac OS 9.0.4. Regards Chopakokov ;)

I have an IMac Dv SE (G3 500) with 396 meg of physical RAM. I am currently running OS 9.04. When I read chopakokov's reply, he said that updating to version 1.12 helped. I looked at the Read Me on the CD and it said I already had 1.12. The Demo version also had the blank windows. I also have one other problem. Whenever I try to create a scenario with fog, the whole screen becomes white and the only things that work are abort and quit commands.

First, from the CD or the update you can download form BTS for 1.12, install the new video drivers for ATI OpenGL 1.2.1. This has fixed the problem for nearly everyone. I have never had this problem but many have. In addition, when using CMBO have virtual memory off, @60mb (or morre if you can) of ram allocated to CM, and before you start the program (CMBO) but after doing the above, trash the preferences file for CMBO in the preferences folder in the System folder. A new prefs file will be created upon start up. Also before starting CM set your screen resolution to 1024x768. If things still persist, junk the prefs file again and set your screen res to 800x600.

If that doesn't work, I would trash the existing CMBO you have installed and install a clean version from your original CD or as a download. Don't forget to trash the old prefs file before starting up.

I hope this works for you, it seems like the video drivers should take care of the problems. Good luck and update us with how these steps worked for you so we can better help others. Thanks

[ 04-16-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]

I'd email it but its 3.9mb. The installer is for just the Open GL update is at: http://asu.info.apple.com/swupdates.nsf/artnum/n11545

Sorry that the other info didn't do it. I truly hope the driver takes care of the problem.

Apple itself is a good place to get updates and so on at: http://asu.info.apple.com/

Good luck

[ 04-16-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]

Dear David:

Yes they are and please butt out. As in keepout of Mac related stuff. His problem was solved fairly easily, he merely did not have the correct drivers for his video card. For your information 90% of the time the ONLY thing we have seen is that people have trouble with the ATI graphic card drivers. Getting the latest ones cure the problem without having to reload your drivers from companies X, Yand Z to get one that works with your card after loading the latest version of DirectX ver whatever.

Matt has given you several warnings, don't push stuff like this, it just isn't worth the trouble. You are a valuable member of this community, you have created several mods that many do appreciate. We would be less without you so stop trying to live up to the less than sterling reputation you have created for yourself.

Thankyou

Edited by kmead to remove some ill considered statements that might be misconstrued.

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]