Newbie Frustrated with movement

brycej

Ok. I am trying to move an infantry off a transport to attack a neutral city.

It won't move. So I click on the infantry and I hear the boots and I right click on the city. Generate a turn. It doesn't move.

I sometimes will have an infantry in a city and cannot get it to move out of a city. I realize that the terrain will sometimes prevent movement.

I have played various types of Empire games and this one leaves me so frustrated.

Land units can't attack a city directly from an ocean transport, if you click a city with your transport the game thinks you are trying to attack it with the ship. It's like trying to pull into the harbour of an enemy city and unload an invasion force at their docks. It wouldn't happen.

You have to unload them on an "invasion beach" adjacent to the city. There is a sticky thread on how to do this at the top of this forum.

Order your transport to land ( a circle will show up) close to city, then access the infantry move, move mouse over circle press and hold "ctrl" key and right click mouse then move mouse to city and right click again. you can doe this for every infantry on the ship or hold "ctrl" key left click each infantry (3) then move mouse to city and right click again, then release "ctrl" key.