Possible solution of Driver issue?

Hello...

I have to use Detonator 43.51 for Unreal2, but with these drivers CMBB runs terrible (known bug).

Has anyone tried to configure his PC with Hardware Profiles (under ->System) so that you can run Detonator 30.87 under Config1 and 43.51 under Config2?

Is this possible to do with the standard NVidia driver installers? Is there any speed issue due to multiple drivers on you system?

Well, I could try this, but I want to ask first if anyone has tried this before I frag my system ;)

And if no one has tried, I will do so.... :D

Bye,

r0tten, little bit annoyed about this speed bug, NVidia and their drivers. :mad:

It did not work :(

I created 2 different profiles, then I installed the 30.87 Detonator, rebootet and when I chose 43.51er config he had 30.87. I think it wont work 'cause of the 100 system files the driver needs and the 30.87 just overwrote...

Switched back to 30.87.

Unreal2 is for kiddies. :D

Hmm, whats the deal with my card. I got the 5800 Ultra and it says in the cards properties that its AGP 4X. Anybody know how i can go about changing this? Although this could just be a glitch. Since it also says that i have DirectX 8.1 which i know for a fact that i have 9.0.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Hmm, whats the deal with my card. I got the 5800 Ultra and it says in the cards properties that its AGP 4X. Anybody know how i can go about changing this? Although this could just be a glitch. Since it also says that i have DirectX 8.1 which i know for a fact that i have 9.0.

Does your motherboard support AGP 8X?

Might be it can only go up to 4x...

Scratch my last question, my motherboard is only AGP 4X. How important is the speed of the Advanced Graphics Port? Have i just pissed my money away by getting the Ultra 5800? Since the card is AGP 8X, but its restricted to AGP 4X cause of my motherboard. :confused:

[ May 15, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: MeatEtr ]

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Scratch my last question, my motherboard is only AGP 4X. How important is the speed of the Advanced Graphics Port? Have i just pissed my money away by getting the Ultra 5800? Since the card is AGP 8X, but its restricted to AGP 4X cause of my motherboard. :confused:

88mm is right on, just make sure the vid card is set to 4XAGP, this seems to help, oh, and get those new drivers Matt talks about and you should be up and running.

KC