Panzer Lehr Campaign - Spoilers

finished it about 2 weeks ago completely sucessfully. only had one draw game in the first mission. if the mission 4 is the one where you have to clear the road to saint jean and suddenly a whole bunch of tanks shows up from the right side then simply do this: rush forward with your tanks till the middle of the map (crossroad) and set up an ambush to the right side. this way i have killed all advancing allied tanks, halftracks etc. without losing one of my panthers just one of them got immobilized.

good luck :-)

Not sure how it works and didn't keep close track of the missions but I did retain the screenshots of the final results screen.

Interesting the first time I played I think I lost the fourth mission and then ended up in the abysmal escape the pocket mission. I got a an Axis Force Minor Victory.

The second time I played it I progressed one mission FURTHER than my first attempt, lost the next one and again ended up in the abysmal escape the pocket mission. But this time my overall result was worse in Axis Force Draw - No Winner.

Similar casualties for both. Definitely exited more stuff in the pocket scenario first time around.

Haven't played the final mission yet but I found that crossroads one easy, didn't lose one vehicle and the Americans ended up surrendering - which was good because I would have struggled getting enough vehicles to the exit zone having to weave through all the burning US vehicles.

I think final results had me with 5 men dead 5 men wounded and that was it. I destoyed all the US vehicles except for 3 HT's which were hiding behind bocage on the extreme left edge of the map.

lost a panther and two of those 75mm halftracks in the last mission but got a total victory. My strategy was to attack from three sides even if the game seemed like a traffic management sim trying to get a mech company through the bocage. I was fortunate in a couple of my panthers just happened to be in good ambush positions for the US counter attack.

Well I had 2 Panthers get an epic number of kills near the fountain, but 1 ran out of ammo eventually and the other was immobilized 200 yds back. All other armor of mine was dead either due to enemy fire or my stupidity

That left my column of halftracks waiting in the background, but sadly still 3 allied tanks blocking the exit path.

I wish I could have won it 1st time around without knowing the enemy disposition, but I have to go replay it. I want revenge!!!

Foobar

• 10 months later...

Don't waste artillery on the few troops in the hedgerows - you will need it for the final scenario after clearing the N 174.

Split your forces into three teams:

1) Use the majority of your force (pretty much everything besides what's needed for 2+3) to occupy central farm complex and bind enemy fire - identify and suppress anti tank and sniper teams in hedgerows. Use that team to clean up the middle after 2+3 below.

2) Flank Left hedgerow with a squad on halftracks and occupy farm house and barn, open up on exposed enemy, then run them down with halftracks in open field. Simultaneously, move Panther and FO/HQ down dirt road and into position to left of fountain to face reinforcements that will enter on road from the right. You can call in a linear artillery strike along the road to take out some of the reinforcements. Use the halftrack to keep infantry off the Panther, and to pin down Ami halftracks. Smoke from burning vehicles will impede sightlines, so you will need secondary weapons for detail work (see 3).

3) Flank Right hedgerow with Panther after using it for supporting fire to bring other teams into position - make sure sniper team has been taken out before unbuttoning the hatches for visibility. There will be five Shermans trying to outflank the position in the field behind the hedgerow. Proceed slowly (hunt mode) and pick them off, then advance to attack flank of reinforcements entering battlefield from right...by that time, they should already have taken significant losses inflicted by your other Panther left of the fountain.

When all armor has been knocked out (ca. 30 tanks and armored vehicles total) and you have decimated the enemy, this should lead to German Major Victory via US surrender and a 1000-0 score...this saves you from having to try to move all your vehicles through the bocage, and also saves your Panthers in case one of them gets immobilized by small caliber fire. You will need them and all the ammo you saved for the final scenario - Good Luck!

• 7 years later...