Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Difference in weather effects - full/partial

I have recently updated my system with new drivers and DX8 and want to check this out.

Is there any noticeable difference between full/partial weather/fog? When playing a daytime 'thick fog' QB with effects on full there is thick fog. When on 'none' there is no fog but when on partial it looks same as full. Is it supposed to? I only really noticed it when I played the Night at Chenoux (or something like that) scenario and with weather on full I didn't actually notice any fog at all. I only noticed it was foggy when I tried to shoot at stuff and found there was no LOS. I then looked at the weather indicator which indicated fog. It actually looked as clear as day (well, night actually). I tried a few other scenarios and the main difference seems to be the amount of snow etc that falls with full weather. I tried the Chapel scenario too. Again - no difference between partial/full weather with 'thick fog'.

I believe "full" will show rain/snow coming down while "partial" will not (or reduced amounts). The appearance of fog may show the same thing for either setting (I haven't noticed the graphical difference between the two fog settings). For fog at night I'd assume that the display could get a little darker, but in general (from what I've seen) it appears as you've seen it - much like a normal night scenario (possibly for playability reasons).

Thanks. I thought that would be the case. Probable wouldn't be able to see anything in fog at night. It might actually make an optional game improvement for some, would probably be quite interesting probing forces a few meters at a time wondering just what lay ahead. I suppose for the units though that is what happens anyway. Also I imagine they work on the basis the area will have been reconned first.