A couple of questions...

I have been playing against the AI for a little while and I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen answered here and I found nothing with a cursory search.

Clearing wire: Can this be done? The Blast command doesn't seem to do anything - wire isn't listed in the manual as one of the things that Blast will do anyway. So I am left with driving over it with a tank?

Jeep with Bazooka: In several scenarios there is a jeep loaded with a bazooka and a bunch of rounds. How do I get at this treasure trove? I have tried putting a squad around the jeep but their Aquire button remains grey. I have tried dismounting the two guys in the jeep but they don't carry the bazooka with them, and the jeep then appears empty.

Last Defense: In this battle in the American setup zone there are small whites stars at a couple of setup locations floating just about treetop level. What are they?

Thanks. Enjoying this game quite a bit!

Hmm, I have used BLAST to clear wire. Are you sure you did it correctly?

Tanks can get damage to their running gear clearing wire (or rhino's going through bocage), so be sure to track their damage levels before ordering a move through wire.

ANY ordnance or ammunition carried by a vehicle has to be ACQUIRED by a passenger/crew. Just standing nearby will not enable them to get the bazooka. Split off a team and load them into the jeep, then ACQUIRE.

Good luck,

Ken

Ok. I got the ammo. Had the team in the jeep get out and then another team jumped in and got the stuff. Thanks.

I have successfully blasted through bocage and brick walls before. I tried to do the same with wire and all they did was try to move around it. I will try again...

wadepm,

Whatever technique you are using to blast bocage and brick should work for wire ( works for building walls too). Maybe your engineer, breach team or paratrooper are out of demo charges? Are you placing your demo team or the waypoint right next the wire?

Some things to think about.

Have fun!

What I have found to be handy ( possibly even gamey ;) ) is during the setup phase, you can load and unload any and everybody into a vehicle to Acquire its goodies, thus not losing time later ( at the possible cost of a weight penalty - is ammo weight tracked and/or taken into account regarding troops' fatigue ? ).

This is most useful in WeGo where Acquiring would otherwise take at least 1 turn of doing nothing else.

What I have found to be handy ( possibly even gamey ;) ) is during the setup phase, you can load and unload any and everybody into a vehicle to Acquire its goodies, thus not losing time later ( at the possible cost of a weight penalty - is ammo weight tracked and/or taken into account regarding troops' fatigue ? ).

This is most useful in WeGo where Acquiring would otherwise take at least 1 turn of doing nothing else.

Yep .