please help me!

When I install CMBO there are many problems. This is the message appearing: "cannot create file 13850, 13859, 13860, 13900, 6556, 6557, 6558, 6559 (Bmp) and 00070700, 00070701, 00070702, 00070703 (Wav). Could u help me pls? My specs are: amd athlon xp 2400, 512 mb ram, video card GE Force4 Ti 4200, 128 mb... I bought a second copy of CMBB cos I thought my first cd was corrupted but the problem still stand...

I assume that you have the CDV vesion (retail) of CMBO and CMBB, is that correct ?

When you install any of these games it is highly recommended that you turn-off/disable your anti-virus software, which has a habit of interfering with installations. Also turn off as many programs and utilities that may be running on your computer before installing (use Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to the Task Manager).

Double-check that there aren't any scratches on your CD. When these exist some CD/DVD drives may have a problem reading the disc correctly (or at least certain sections of it).

You can also try copying the install files from the CD (assuming you have the extra disk space to do this with) and attempt the installation from the hard drive copy.

If you have access to another CD/DVD drive, you may want to try that to install the CM series. Some CD drives can be a bit pickier when it comes to reading CDs, especially as they approach the maximum capacity of the CD format. The CDV version also uses the SafeDisc copy protection scheme which some CD/DVD players have a problem reading. Usually this kind of problem will result in an installation not being completed and generating other errors (more or earlier than what you've posted here).

One more thing to try is performing the install in Windows' Safe Mode (if you have Windows 2000 or XP - it may not work if you have Windows 9x/ME even with the 'real mode' drivers). Safe Mode doesn't load up a lot of drivers and software, which could be cause of some installation problems.

[ January 13, 2004, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by tar:

How much free disk space do you have?

thee's no problem with free space on my hard disk...I've just tried to install the game from my hard disk but the message is the same : Data error, cannot create file etc." I dunno what can I try! Ive bought 2 copy of the game!!! More than that...Anyway CMBO and CMAK work quite well on my pc.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

[QB] I assume that you have the CDV vesion (retail) of CMBO and CMBB, is that correct ?

Sorry I was wrong in my first message: I have problem only with Combat Mission 2 (BB). I bought two copy of this game... I have also Combat mission 1 (BO) and the last CMAK and I have no problem with these wonderful games...

Have you been able to try any of my suggestions yet ?

Are your CMBO & CMAK copies CDV games or did you purchase them directly from BFC (over the internet) ? Combat Mission 2 (CMBB) is a CDV game and it uses the SafeDisc copy protection (which the BFC/Internet versions don't) and that could cause problems with some CD/DVD drives. In fact, strangely enough, it is the reason that the CDV versions of CMAK have problems with TCP/IP play.

Anyway, let me know if you've tried any of the suggestions and what your results are.

Are your CMBO & CMAK copies CDV games or did you purchase them directly from BFC (over the internet) ? Combat Mission 2 (CMBB) is a CDV game and it uses the SafeDisc copy protection (which the BFC/Internet versions don't) and that could cause problems with some CD/DVD drives. In fact, strangely enough, it is the reason that the CDV versions of CMAK have problems with TCP/IP play.

Anyway, let me know if you've tried any of the suggestions and what your results are.

Originally posted by steiner65:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

</font>

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The error you see "data error (cyclic redundance control)" is almost always caused by Virus Checking software (normaly McAfee) running in the background.

Have you done as originally suggested and disabled it before running the install?

Yes I did... And by the way,I've installed the antivirus program only yesterday. The problem with the game is older...

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The error you see "data error (cyclic redundance control)" is almost always caused by Virus Checking software (normaly McAfee) running in the background.

Have you done as originally suggested and disabled it before running the install?

Madmatt

Yes I did... And by the way,I've installed the antivirus program only yesterday. The problem with the game is older

Which version of Windows are you running ? What is running in the background when you attempt to install CMBB ? Do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and go to the Task Manager to see what is running.

The CRC error indicates that something is interfering with the installation. The most common cause for this is an antivirus program checking each file being installed. It's possible that another program may be causing this problem (such as a 3rd party 'uninstaller' program, etc.). You really need to disable any utilities running in the background to minimize interference with the installation. I don't know why CMBB would be more 'touchy' about this than the other games.

Which version of Windows are you running ? What is running in the background when you attempt to install CMBB ? Do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and go to the Task Manager to see what is running.

The CRC error indicates that something is interfering with the installation. The most common cause for this is an antivirus program checking each file being installed. It's possible that another program may be causing this problem (such as a 3rd party 'uninstaller' program, etc.). You really need to disable any utilities running in the background to minimize interference with the installation. I don't know why CMBB would be more 'touchy' about this than the other games.

Well my system runs the windows XP home edition and Im almost sure there arent any application activw during insallation of the game...anyway Im going to retry and retry...