NOT got the steel box!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West of Scotland still waiting as well looks like. Difficult to tell whether it's that the parcel hasn't arrived at the depot yet or whether the postie is being a fanny - He has been known to skip our tenement when he can't be bothered. :D

He's a fanny then ;)

It does make one wonder. We ship from a little patch of earth called New England, but packages get to our Australian customers faster?!? Well, there's another entry in the "But It Doesn't Make Any Sense" book of life experiences .

Honestly, we're quite surprised. When we used to ship stuff to the UK from the US, on a regular basis, I don't remember systemic delays and customs charges. Although I do remember getting hammered for customs duties on a pair of shoes I had sent from Maine to my flat in London back in 1990 :)

Steve

Well, first day pre-order, item dispatched on 18 May but no sound or sight of it.

Have customs impounded it; has the mail system lost it; has the postmans' dog eaten it; who knows?

One thing I do know is that I have not got it, three weeks on.

That's okay, I am still waiting for a replacement piece of glass for an oven door, over 3 weeks now. In US from in US. Shipping is a wonderful thing. And for those disappointed if their Steelcase was damaged, you should have seen my oven and it cost a LOT more.

It seems the ones shipped to the UK on the 18th are all MIA. Perhaps customs are playing all the games from beginning to end just to make sure there's nothing untoward in them.

I've just got back from a 2 week holiday and expected to find my parcel waiting for me! I presume they are 'en-route' then. By the way do we have to report out steel boxes as MIA or is BFC aware of this?