Tips & Tricks 101

Yes they can dismount at the start of the turn. Select their icon and hit dismount, then give them a move order. They will jump out and go to where you have ordered.

They will otherwise only dismount when their transport vehicle stops moving ie they can't dismount at intermediate waypoints.

So, if I issue a move/quick/fast order to a unit in a vehicle, will it wait until it is done moving (assuming the vehicle is not moving but I am giving it a move order at the same time)?

Basically, is there a difference between move/quick/fast vs dismount?

Thx

jonpfl

Yes that's what I thought too. I see the red X's often enough :(.

Yes, as far i have observed the boxes have nothing to do with C2. A red x means the unit is dead. I know that for sure.

I just saw a post that had some good ideas on using this panel for C2.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=97890

It is true though that as long as you have played this game, and think you know everything you still learn new things about it. Play HvH and you will discover even more, or contimplate questions about things that really may not be noticed in playing against the AI. I learn new stuff all the time.

But many times I see only one icon (the jeep) when there are passengers ( a HMG crew) riding in it. Even when I canceled all its move orders, the dismount button is still greyed out. How do you get the two separate icons to show?

I don't see this, have you already pressed the button?

There is a different thing going on with jeeps, I knew I should probably have added this:

Jeeps and their equivalent such as kubelwagens, humvees, do not "own" a crew in the same way that a truck or halftrack does. Sometimes they have a driver but he is not bound to the vehicle in the same way. For some reason related to this special status they do not display a BAIL OUT button, only DISMOUNT.

jeep.jpg

Any unit that will fit can jump in and drive, and their icon whether it be a HMG or a HQ then morphs into a jeep icon. Notice in the screenshot the single dot for the "driver" is blank, because the vehicle is being crewed by its passengers. The dismount order works the same as I mentioned above.

Click it, and it becomes greyed out, the icon still shows as a jeep but really this team is now going to immediately dismount and will accept orders and jump out and

execute them.

Sometimes they can carry a passenger team and a jeep-morph team that is doing the driving, but BAIL OUT never displays. In this case you can hit dismount and only take off the passenger team, but hitting dismount on the crew team will dismount both teams.