New Player

Hi guys

Just got it over the holiday, and in enjoying myself. Playing Allies, I wanted to attack Warsaw but for some reason I can't. I have five troops, but can't pass over the river (Vistula), Axis:100%, Allies:21%, the ground is clear all around the city, do I have to get % higer?

Hi guys

Just got it over the holiday, and in enjoying myself. Playing Allies, I wanted to attack Warsaw but for some reason I can't. I have five troops, but can't pass over the river (Vistula), Axis:100%, Allies:21%, the ground is clear all around the city, do I have to get % higer?

Huh? You gotta explain yourself a little better. "Playing the Allies" or "Playing against the Allies"?

I'm guessing your pieces are the Nazis, just go over the border and kick Polish butt.

-Legend

Huh? You gotta explain yourself a little better. "Playing the Allies" or "Playing against the Allies"?

I'm guessing your pieces are the Nazis, just go over the border and kick Polish butt.

-Legend

I'm the Allies and Germany captured Warsaw, now Germany has some troops across the river. I can't attack and neither are they. I can't move toward Konigsberg also! I thinks its best I start over.

Hi Big Muddy!

If you are speaking of the USSR they won't be able to attack anyone until they reach a full mobilization of 100% and are then able to declare war if they haven't already been declared war upon.

Rambo is essentially correct even if his delivery needs some work ;)

Hi Big Muddy!

If you are speaking of the USSR they won't be able to attack anyone until they reach a full mobilization of 100% and are then able to declare war if they haven't already been declared war upon.

Rambo is essentially correct even if his delivery needs some work ;)

Rambo's delivery is fine, he will get a kick out of this, I entered the global conflick tournament....... now, that was a joke :D

Thanks Mr. Hubert Cater, I guess it would help to read the book, thanks.

Rambo's delivery is fine, he will get a kick out of this, I entered the global conflick tournament....... now, that was a joke :D

Thanks Mr. Hubert Cater, I guess it would help to read the book, thanks.

@Big Buddy --- Hey man, I know a poker player when I see it. Your act won't fool me in the tournament. I don't give strokes in golf nor do I give suckers an even break; it's just part of my personality, think the doctor said I'm "obdurate paranoid" when I was getting my script filled last week.

Good luck with the game, it's a blast. Once you master the regular default Campaign, there's Vypuero's mega one for every detail and such.

-Legend

That one with the beginner playing in a tournament isn't that ridiculous, I have been playing SC since January, I only played a few games against the AI before jumping into the PBEMs and am playing in the fun challenge tournament, have lost all my games inside the tournament so far, but I have learned a lot (learning by loosing), although I'm starting to think I was born without the nessecary DNA information to win this game I am having a lot of fun with it, and I did win one outside of the tournament, I have also had a couple of vanishing opponents, those games were actually running quite well.

I'm sure if you stick with it you will really enjoy this game, if you work long hours like I do you may end up ignoring your wife and kids just to get one more turn done before going to bed..........I think I'll go see what my wife has been up to lately, havn't seen her in a while.

That one with the beginner playing in a tournament isn't that ridiculous, I have been playing SC since January, I only played a few games against the AI before jumping into the PBEMs and am playing in the fun challenge tournament, have lost all my games inside the tournament so far, but I have learned a lot (learning by loosing), although I'm starting to think I was born without the nessecary DNA information to win this game I am having a lot of fun with it, and I did win one outside of the tournament, I have also had a couple of vanishing opponents, those games were actually running quite well.

I'm sure if you stick with it you will really enjoy this game, if you work long hours like I do you may end up ignoring your wife and kids just to get one more turn done before going to bed..........I think I'll go see what my wife has been up to lately, havn't seen her in a while.

Hello Sharkman

I can play all on want, on the down side I can play all I want :eek:

@Big Buddy --- Hey man, I know a poker player when I see it. Your act won't fool me in the tournament. I don't give strokes in golf nor do I give suckers an even break; it's just part of my personality, think the doctor said I'm "obdurate paranoid" when I was getting my script filled last week.

Good luck with the game, it's a blast. Once you master the regular default Campaign, there's Vypuero's mega one for every detail and such.

-Legend

Thanks jon_j_rambo

Is Vypuero's mega a mod? if not what is it?

@Big Buddy --- Correct, it is a mod. Several others have made them too. The default campaign is much different for players can edit combat charts, entrenchment levels, unit characteristices, victory conditions, scripts, etc......like totally different games.

Feb, 1 '42, kills: Axis 112 Allies 0, I'm not trying, mostly just watching, but I have attacked some troops. I haven't killed one troop! It's like I'm fighting the ancient Spartans.

I notice the Axis do reorganzation, land, air & sea, do I need to do the same thing, if so how do I. If someone can set me in the right direction, just for the first several moves.

@Big Buddy --- Hey, are you playing with Fog of War? Turn it OFF, watch the A.I. conduct their turns if curious.

I get things done around here,

-Legend

I turned the fog off, the A.I. is tough, I nickname them the shark. I cut my finger and went home, the shark was their knocking on my door.

P.S.

It's Muddy not Buddy :D while I'm here, do must play World At War or Axis High Tide? when I finish this I'm going to try '42, thanks jon_j_rambo.

I've only been watching, but have finally figured out what I need to do, only a couple of things, AA ports & citys, reinforsement, still I have to learn much more. But using these couple of things I have finaly had my first kill. I'ts much more fun being involved than watching, so taking my lumps will be more fun.

Good to hear it, and one very important thing to note is that HQs are the most important units in the game. Even though they cannot attack, it's their supply and combat bonuses that make the units under their command successful. Keep them close to the front, but also keep them safe.

• 4 weeks later...

I took Poland and changed a General with Manstein on the next turn. He got Battle Honors! he didn't do anything but went to Waraw. I surrpose the game had to give it to someone. Would he still get Honors if I added him after 5 or 10 moves? It's really not a big beal but I'm just curious.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about Diplomacy, this is my first time to try it (Hong Kong). I have a 15% success per turn, I don't understand this, on my next turn will I get an answer or how long does per turn last? 1 turn 2 months or a year.

One more, why does Germany have to cover Italy with MPP? why don't they have their on. Russia gives England MPP (although it's negative)they also have their own. Maybe Italy should give Germany MPP to help cover the cost.