FO with dead radio operator still calls artillery?

My three man FO team suffered a casualty. The radio operator was shot when they crept into a building. Strangely, I was still able to call for off-map artillery...

I'm sure there is an explanation - can anyone help to explain why this is possible?

post-17307-141867622876_thumb.jpg

I think despite the advances in 1:1 modelling, one has to accept a certain amount of abstraction.

Hopefully this can be addressed at some point though, such that you have to buddy aid the guy in order to get the radio. 'Course then it would make it into the "Murphy's Law" thread - "If one man in a team is hit, it's always the radio operator..." :D

• 10 years later...
On 5/31/2011 at 1:00 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Yes, we assume that the Radio is rescued. We do have in mind changes, in the future, where there isn't an automatic assumption like this. But it gets us into some sticky issues which we didn't think were a good idea to mess with this time around.

Steve

I hope this is still on the list, because I find it pretty odd that the radio just magically gets rescued if the radio operator gets WIA/KIA on retreat, while all other equipment has to be picked up manually through buddy aid.

617205049_FORadio.thumb.png.0eb83bb1f996e224823de8dca210846f.png

20 hours ago, Erwin said:

I find buddy aid works fine and I do that every time I can if low risk to the "medic".  But, yes it really should be rewarded with some points.  It's also a way to end up with "super squads" with (eg) 3 LMG's.

Okay sounds like my technique or perhaps my observation has room for improvement 👍.